Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about editing civilization behavior  (Read 623 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about editing civilization behavior
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:14:57 pm »

Would it be possible to add a tag to civilizations that would make give them the tendency declare war on anyone for no reason, effectively turning the world into a giant battleground? Would it be possible to adjust the frequency of these randoms wars if the above was doable?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: Question about editing civilization behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:51:13 pm »

I dont know
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 10:49:20 am »

I don't think there's a guaranteed way, but having different ethic tokens is supposed to increase the likelyhood of war.  Giving them personalities or values related to war might help, I'm not sure to what extent that is implemented. 

There are also the default "factions". 

XNot SnatcherSnatcher
Not ThiefFaction AFaction B
ThiefFaction CFaction D

Each of these "factions" is inherently in conflict with the others, although not necessarily at war.  This is basically how Kobolds and Goblins work in default DF. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:25:02 am »

I don't think there's a guaranteed way, but having different ethic tokens is supposed to increase the likelyhood of war.  Giving them personalities or values related to war might help, I'm not sure to what extent that is implemented. 

There are also the default "factions". 

XNot SnatcherSnatcher
Not ThiefFaction AFaction B
ThiefFaction CFaction D

Each of these "factions" is inherently in conflict with the others, although not necessarily at war.  This is basically how Kobolds and Goblins work in default DF. 
You forgot a few things. First is that an entity whose creature cannot speak (utterances doesn't count) is automatically at war with everyone. Entities where the creature is opposed to life will be hostile to everyone not with the token or NOT_LIVING. It is impossible to play those. CRAZED is the same, except a CRAZED creature is hostile to all creatures who are not of the same creature type and crazed. When it comes to OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and CRAZED, make sure they have no animals. Otherwise they will just fight their siege creatures as soon as they arrive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?