Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need original ideas to steal...  (Read 2344 times)

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
Re: I need original ideas to steal...
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 05:25:59 pm »

A temple, but not belonging to a single being. You should please all the gods from the pantheon and their needs are more important than those of your dwarves. Fey moods and possessions are important portents which tell you what your celestial masters demand. So did your weaponsmith made a spear called "Naughtiness of Sprays"? It's clearly a sign from the god of depravity who doesn't exactly want those captive goblins slain.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 05:28:55 pm »

As a matter of interest ho do you build a city in a chasm? or in a lava tube for that matter?

Not sure about magma tube i always though the obsdian fell through the bottom, as for a chasm you need to kill the critters then you just floor over the bottom (leaving a few holes to chuck stuff down)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Hussell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 08:10:38 pm »

How about building a maze or labyrinth?

Feel free to steal this design, which I in turn stole from an old Mathematical Recreations (a column in Scientific American, at the time by A.K. Dewdney.)

level 1        level 2        level 3        level 4        level 5        level 6
#############  #############  #############  #############  #############  #############
#X.........>#  #<#>.......<#  #>#X#>.....>#  #X#X#<...>#X#  #X#<.....<#X#  #<#........<#
###########.#  #.###########  #.###########  #######.#####  #############  #.#.#########
#.........#.#  #.#>#>.>.>#>#  #.#<.<#<#<#X#  #>#>....#>#X#  #<#<#....<#<#  #.#.#.......#
#.#######.#.#  #.#.#.#####.#  #.#####.#.###  #.#####.#.###  #.#.#.#####.#  #.#.#.#####.#
#.#....>#.#.#  #.#>#.#<.>#.#  #.#<.>#>#<#>#  #....<#<#.#<#  #.#.#>#>..#.#  #.#.#<#<..#.#
#.#.#####.#.#  #.#######.#.#  #.#########.#  #.#.#####.#.#  #.#.#####.#.#  #.#.#####.#.#
#.#.#>....#.#  #.#>.<#.#>#.#  #>#<#>#>.<#.#  #<#.#<#<....#  #.#..>#>#.#.#  #.#..<#<#.#.#
#.#.#######.#  #.#####.#.#.#  ###.#.#####.#  ###.#.#####.#  #.#####.#.#.#  #.#####.#.#.#
#.#.........#  #>#>.>.>#>#.#  #X#<#<#<.<#.#  #X#>#....>#>#  #<#<....#<#<#  #.......#.#.#
#.###########  ###########.#  ###########.#  #####.#######  #############  #########.#.#
#>.........X#  #<.......>#<#  #>.....>#X#>#  #X#>...<#X#X#  #X#<.....<#X#  #<........#<#
#############  #############  #############  #############  #############  #############

Entrance and exit are on opposite corners of level 1. This looks awesome after you smooth it all.

Bonus points if you can figure out the shortest route through. More bonus points if you can figure out where to chain up your pet minotaur.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 11:01:31 pm »

I can just imagine any invaders standing there at the edge of the map with a flashing red question mark for a few minutes while they try to calculate the shortest route.

In fact, I think the calculations would melt most older CPUs...
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 12:10:23 am »

I can just imagine any invaders standing there at the edge of the map with a flashing red question mark for a few minutes while they try to calculate the shortest route.

Burzog McGoblin cancels Pillage, head exploded.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 09:29:54 am »

Instead of stealing, I think you should sign a licensing agreement for these ideas.  The original poster would be the owner of the franchise of, say, goblin suicide fortresses, and you would pay them a monthly fee.  What would the payments be, though?

*turns in to a flaming demon*
Bahaha! To late! I have licensed the licensing of ideas. Now, you ALL pay me monthly fees in the form of female slaves and chocolate cookies for me to consume.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.
Pages: 1 [2]