Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taming Eliminators?  (Read 926 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Taming Eliminators?
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:06:29 am »

I captured an Eliminator in a cage, and it said I could tame him, so I did. But now it's saying he has no job, as if he was a sentient member of my fortress. I can't even pasture him. Is he meant to be tameable or is this an oversight?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Re: Taming Eliminators?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:00:51 am »

And now I've added him to a military...
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:35:47 pm »

Yep eliminators are sentient and can work for you... goblins and succubus like to bring them in trade caravans.  Also gorecyclops.  I hate both of them as they are not as direct in movement, and eliminators like to do stockpile jobs... they carry huge amounts of weight so they will roam around the map carrying 200+ items before finally dropping them on a stockpile...  socks when they pick up things you want riget now and they carry them for 2 months....
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:37 am »

Beware if you butcher them they'll come back to haunt you, and I have a feeling their skin is bugged and not tannable.

jogorhan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 02:02:36 am »

If you tame them and keep them in their cage, eventually they'll go berserk, great for dealing with invaders or elves.