Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I think my save game just broke, is there any way to salvage it?  (Read 313 times)

Shoep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I think my save game just broke, is there any way to salvage it?
« on: December 10, 2016, 08:21:12 am »

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good weekend!

I started playing DF again a couple of weeks ago and I've been having a blast so far, I decided to play around with water for the first time and managed to make an underground well by diverting some water from the river, only nearly flooding my fortress once!

So last night I was up until 5 AM designing a drowning chamber, but ended up calling it a night instead. When I used the 'save' function in DF, it crashed to desktop. It's done this before so each time before quitting the game I've used the 'quicksave' command in DF and that's worked for me.

This morning, I wanted to continue my fortress, but it won't load anymore. Instead after loading it starts playing the music from soundsense, but the screen remains black for a few moments before the game goes unresponsive and crashes to desktop. I'm on version v.0.43.03 and using the LNP, no other mods.

Here's the save game in a .rar file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw9xccuraJskSmtydGZFWDR1ZXc

Is there anything I can do to salvage this save game?

Thanks in advance,

Shoep