Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Distressed guest lord  (Read 595 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Distressed guest lord
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:46:15 am »

Currently a "lord" (I assume it's a human noble title) who has been in my tavern for ages became Haggard.
So should I remove him for potential berserk threat? Consider he's also a fighter type he might actually harm others.
Will that cause some loyalty cascade? Or politics issue since he's a leader? Or make the human mercenaries turn on me?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Distressed guest lord
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:46:56 am »

Nevermind, I killed him and nothing bad happened.
For some reason, no guests have made petitions for ages, I wonder why.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:18:02 pm »

The forum has found a bug where a single bugged petitioner who fails to petition will stall the queue until that character has been processed. Thus, you probably need to find out who is supposed to petition but doesn't (I assume your leader is available for meeting to petitions can actually be made). Apparently the petition is a FIFO queue...
I'd start by looking at all the visitors to see which one (s) are supposed to petition. I'd also look for a goblin petitioner stuck up in a tree (they won't starve to death, after all).

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:05:15 pm »

Hmm, maybe that is the problem. What if some guests died? I did had some "unfortunate accidents" years ago.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:59:34 am »

Also, they need to petition to the leader/mayor who held the position at the time they entered the map.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 01:03:56 am »

Oh, maybe the mayor was replaced.

By the way, I solved the problem. I killed the earliest guest, a human hammer man, and they suddenly began to petition again.