Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BBCode  (Read 897 times)

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BBCode
« on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:31 pm »

Hi all, I'm having problems posting my DF game raws in the code tags because I have some modding issues. Somehow the brackets from the raws mess something up and i can't preview my post or post it. Is there something special to it that I'm missing?
I hope I found the right forum part for this ^^

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: BBCode
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 07:06:25 pm »

Are you getting some kind of error? If it's something along the lines of "the message box is empty", then you may want to look at this thread in general discussion for more info. Since this does sound related to the issues pointed out in the aforementioned thread.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 07:43:47 pm »

I guess thats exactly the problem. I write a post with [ Code] in it and if I put in too many brackets, then the previev box is just empty. But I dont get an error message.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 07:59:30 pm »

You should probably use http://dffd.bay12games.com/

Yea it's not a savegame. But you can upload your build of Dwarf Fortress, with a tileset, and various other things.

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 08:09:32 pm »

I don't want to release anything, I just have some issues with adding weapons to my entity. But asking the questions in the modding board without being able to post my code would be kinda pointless, wouldn't it?  ;D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:36:44 pm »

[b]Hello World![/b]

There's a tag for that. [nobbc][/nobbc] will prevent anything inside from being parsed as BBCode.

Code: [Select]
[b]Also works inside code tags.[/b]
Amusingly, it even works on itself, and is sometimes necessary to prevent formatting fuckups after the close tag. I'm not sure exactly how it functions when it does weird shit like that, but it's probably best to have any formatted text prior to the chunk you want to be free of formatting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ansgar111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 08:45:44 pm »

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much :)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:11:55 am »

Yeah, there's a bug in SMF 2.0.12 that's messing up things with brackets.  Wrap them in [nobbc] for now and generally I suppose?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.