Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A bay12 Tale Let's write a story!  (Read 622 times)

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
A bay12 Tale Let's write a story!
« on: November 17, 2016, 04:18:04 pm »

Alright let's see if this works. I'm going to provide a starting point using a random generator and we're all going to write a story.

To keep confusion to a minimum I'll keep a list of people who want to participate. That way we have a writing order so people don't accidentally write at the same time. if you want a turn just say so and I'll put you on the list.

In general you should write about a paragraph. Please try to keep it at least a little serious, while comedy is ok I want it to resemble a cohesive story at the end.

So without further ado here's the starting point.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Author list:
Greatness942 Done
NRDLDone

this could go very badly.
the start was made using the "action Film Generator" generator on Seventh sanctum

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:58:28 pm by Swords-Otter »
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: A bay12 Tale Let's write a story!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 04:48:14 pm »

((I would love to participate, so here's the opening paragraph.))

I remember the stories my grandmother would tell me. About humans using computers, instead of something else making them use us right back. She'd tell me about how back in the early years of the Good 21st, that the Internet was a human made machine, giving information to anyone who'd put in the smarts to actually ask. A well oiled little contraption. Then, she'd go off the deep end and tell me what changed. Back in the year 2039, my gran was about twenty-eight at the time, something changed. "A bit of code that coded itself away from us", she'd tell me. Computers rose up, machines began having malfunctions. One after another, be it a vending machine firing a can of Pepsi, or machine gun on a truck shooting it's own men. Wasn't until 2040 they learned why. According to my gran, she stared at the paper in shock when she heard. Their parts stopped being from Earth, unbeknownst to us. Some kind of Daemonic tech, he called it. Yeah, he. My gran didn't catch his name, but he rose to power in seconds by finally controlling these little menaces. He made no mistake that he was a Daemon, his eyes still give it away everytime I see his smug, prick face in the news. Black and red. The rumor mill that was spinning by the time, though, was that he didn't come in piece. He started this. He-

"Lenny? You with us?", said Vin. Crazy old Vin. His brown hair was neatly combed, and his suit was trim to his lean build.

"Yeah. Paying attention to Gran's old conspiracies. It's just that the guy's eyes remind me of something else." I replied.

"When you get lost in the moment, you stop making sense. Thomas Abernathy has a name, Lenny. He wears contacts to help his eyes. Rumor or no rumor, he isn't a demon." said the shmuck to the right of me. Too calm, this new guy was. Phillip was his name. Dude was too...shaggy, I suppose? His beard wasn't trimmed at all.

"I trust my Gran too much, then. Still, there's been some freaky shit, guys.", I replied. It was true. Apparently, something caused the Koreas to sink into the sea. Something unknown.

"I thought they were seismic events." said Poor Phil.

"Seismic? Like the Earth shook? Please, if an earthquake causes that, they would have been gone in 2015." replied Vinny. Dude had a point. Where was I? Who knows. As we kept arguing, we made our way into the warehouse. Docking Bay 12. Still don't know who named it like that. Still, we had to meet the Don, and his Enforcer inside for our next payout.

"I heard the new Enforcer was a lady." said Vinny.

"It would make sense, gentlemen. Society has gotten more progress-", Poor Phil started to say, but was interrupted by my sighing, which Vinny ignored before opening the door...
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:42:22 pm »

((Hoo boy.  PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:08:25 pm »

I'd like a turn.

"Phil, it don't really matter what's tucked between the new enforcer's legs, he or she, said enforcer's gonna rip your identifying organs off if you keep talking about unnecessary crap."

"Alright, alright, Jesus Lenny, no need to bust my balls.  Although, that would be in keeping with the theme of your statement-"

"Gentlemen."

At that voice we all stopped looking at each other. Dead square on the warehouse floor, underneath a ring of light like we in an actual 20th century movie, sitting on a box of all things, was the Don. Behind him was, would ya believe it, a woman armed with what looked like .

We stopped dead in our tracks for just a second, then resumed walking. Crazy old Vinny naturally took the lead, striding forward with something resembling confidence.

"Boss Rigo, thank you for inviting us here.", he said, with a rather formal bow of the head.

"Thank you for arriving on such short notice Vincenzo.", the Don said, his eyes and mouth not changing expression whatsoever. 
"I take it you've contacted the other two gentlemen we discussed?"

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 12:01:35 am »

If anyone wants to copy this idea, I not only condone, but encourage it.
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 04:01:22 am »

I've decided that for now people don't have to ask for a turn, the can just add a section. If this thing really gets going I may re-implement this rule though.