Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf won't replace uniform with civ clothes  (Read 856 times)

LlamaLlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf won't replace uniform with civ clothes
« on: November 07, 2016, 06:32:38 pm »

My legendary speardwarf won't replace his old worn clothes with the uniform I had assigned him: a llama wool robe, hemp trousers and socks,  steel leggings, chain shirt, breastplate, and helmet. I have made sure to set his schedule as inactive: uniformed and to set his uniform to "replace" clothes on the military menu. Instead he still puts it on over his ratty and worn clothes. Is there something I'm missing to do?

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't replace uniform with civ clothes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:44:33 pm »

he could be considering his clothing as armor and thus not want to take them off, try going to his equipment and deleting everything, then telling him to wear specific pieces of armor.
note that you need to specify that he should wear two boots and two gauntlets, or else he will only wear one of each
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:06:03 pm »

You can manually assign new regular clothes by forcing dwarves to go naked with military controls and having them ease into and accept their armour (using cruddy bone armour for example and selling the original clothes onto the caravan) as a strategy to milk earlygame value out of harsh conditions and overall improve the defense (slightly) of your starting 7.

Also assigning them a wardrobe/closet would also help them to renew their clothes themselves by picking up new clothes which might circumnavigate any problems your legendary spear-dwarf (probably training in those clothes for so long as to get attached) might be having.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:47:30 pm »

My legendary speardwarf won't replace his old worn clothes with the uniform I had assigned him: a llama wool robe, hemp trousers and socks,  steel leggings, chain shirt, breastplate, and helmet. I have made sure to set his schedule as inactive: uniformed and to set his uniform to "replace" clothes on the military menu. Instead he still puts it on over his ratty and worn clothes. Is there something I'm missing to do?

Assigning clothing to dwarves in a uniform doesn't work well (or, at least, it didn't last time I checked). Remove the clothes from his uniform and, if you want him to wear clothing in addition to his armor, toggle him back to "over clothing" after he puts on his armor.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:39:08 pm »

The uniform itself works with the clothing (tried it in a test embark since I never use robes in a uniform) so there is something about just that dwarf, and one of the options others mentioned should trigger him to re-equip.
and to set his uniform to "replace" clothes on the military menu.
When you set this, did you do it for the base uniform or for the individual dwarf?
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 10:41:45 pm »

Are your other dwarves replacing their worn out clothing that are part of their uniforms? I recall this bug applied to all clothing assigned to military.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 08:05:11 am »

The uniform itself works with the clothing (tried it in a test embark since I never use robes in a uniform) so there is something about just that dwarf, and one of the options others mentioned should trigger him to re-equip.

Yes, dwarves can be assigned clothing in a uniform, and will wear it if possible. However, they will not replace that clothing when it gets worn because that specific piece of clothing remains assigned to them by their uniform. That's why I said it "doesn't work well". If, instead, you allow the dwarf to wear his armor over his (non-uniform) civilian clothing, he will automatically replace that clothing when it becomes worn (like every other dwarf replaces worn clothing).