Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liason from mountainhome  (Read 704 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Liason from mountainhome
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:15:58 pm »

I just realized I had not gotten one in like 5 years.

C screen still shows a king, so I assume the mountainhome is safe......? Any idea where he could be? The elves still come regularly.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

redsector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liason from mountainhome
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:01:25 pm »

Are the dwarven caravans still coming?

If not, you might be affected by the "ghost caravan" bug. To verify, go into your stocks menu and check the categories of items the dwarven traders usually bring lots of (food, booze and the like) for "unowned" stuff that is shown in red text. "Z"ooming in onto these unowned items should point to a location at the map's edge where nothing actually is. I recently had that problem and was able to fix it using this workaround: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159297.0

Though if the caravans are still coming and only the liaison is missing, I have no idea.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 05:21:55 pm »

Oh dear.

Nope, no merchants. Guess it's time to figure all this out.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

redsector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 10:26:32 pm »

Make a backup of your save beforehand, just to be safe.

All I can say is that it worked fine for me. Though due to a few years of inactivity, the merchants went insane and berserk after teleporting. I had carved out a special room and installed a bridge beforehand, raised the bridge, teleported them into that room and then atomsmashed them.

Depending on which version you're using, you might have to update DFhack's teleport script. See my related question in the DFhack thread and lethosor's answer here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.msg7232814#msg7232814

Good luck fixing it!

Kathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »

I've been hit by this again...my second longest-running fortress. It sucks because it cuts your only link with the outside world :/

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 05:24:53 pm »

I remember WeatherWires (the thrilling saga from the masterful DS) having a similar problem, seems like a longstanding bug. I've been lucky I guess, don't remember this ever happening to me, maybe early on in my DF days back in 2010 but I didn't understand the game well at that point.