Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: creating something truly terrifying?  (Read 833 times)

egståkber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
creating something truly terrifying?
« on: October 29, 2016, 10:36:08 pm »

hey guys, so im a seasoned df player who has seen many battles. i have recently decided to try my hand at modding. i managed to make sperm whale men amphibious and have legs and a til stinger that injects poison. i then went on to attemp making my own race ut i honestly cant even begin to relly understand how to properly do this and im really bad at book learning. so i want to make an insect like race. i want them to be excessively heavy to pack a decent hit but not ridiculous. i know this requires fiddling with the tissues. i want it to be made of a special muscle thats super heavy and not stone or metal just because i want it to be true to the spirit of df. i want it to be playable as a fortress and as adventurer but im not sure if thats possible easily so im not caught up on it. id also like it to have a super hard decently thick skin that acts as an armour so i dont have to bother making armour. i want it to spit acid that causes blstering and severe pain. i want it to have 4 legs and a praying mantis like build. if i can have pincers that are capable of holding an axe (my weapon of choice) and a shield id be happy otherwise just 2 hands. it must have 6 arms+legs. i also want a tail with a stinger and a painful paralyzing poison that DOESNT kill dwarves of suffocation and has mild necrosis qualities. just enough to make someone lose most of a hand but not the arm. i want them to live in tree communities like elves and trade goods but i want everything they make to be made of bone and keratin and remains like that. but if thats difficult ill forgo it. i want them to be intelligent require no sleep and have no bones or emotions but these are just simple tags if im correct. i also want them to be non agressive but extremely vengeful. and meat eaters. if someone could walk me through this or just do it for me it would be much appreciated. thanks guys

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: creating something truly terrifying?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 12:59:14 am »

Most of this is doable, I can probably help you tomorrow.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

egståkber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 01:45:50 am »

i would really appreciate it. im not a gamer in the slightest but df is my personal obsession.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:53:17 am »

What should they be called?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

egståkber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 03:30:06 pm »

insectoid:insectiods:insectoid

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 05:44:35 pm »

Got your armored mantis-scorpions mostly made. Eating dinner now, will work on the civ later.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 12:52:09 am »

Alright, put these files in your objects folder. It should be everything you need. I tried to follow your request pretty closely. I skipped the animal objects stuff though. I also didn't make them exclusive carnivores because of a bug that would make them starve to death. The armored skin is organic, but as tough as a thin layer of steel. The armor barely bleeds and feels no pain. The armor can be breached by cutting weapons, but it's very resistant to blunt damage like punches. As a side effect, their natural weapons are extremely sharp. Creatures aren't exactly paralyzed by the stinger venom, but they do pass out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q04a3w0n50zc7gk/egs.zip?dl=0

IndigoFenix deserves some credit, I took the acid spit from here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:22:02 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

egståkber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 01:21:56 am »

thank you so much. you are brilliant. cheers

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 01:24:29 am »

thank you so much. you are brilliant. cheers

Thanks, I'd be happy to hear how they work out. If any problems arise, just PM me and let me know. The arms are combined scorpion/mantis limbs. Snatching with your pincers means you're using the claws, snatching with your forearms means that you're using the mantis barbs.
My mods and forum games.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 08:36:34 am »

Make it an eldritch abomination.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.