Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Castaways - MWDF Orc Fortress Ugdusharadbuul one-axe embark  (Read 1658 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Castaways - MWDF Orc Fortress Ugdusharadbuul one-axe embark
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 11:05:55 am »

Are you planning to floor over the entire river? I suppose that would make it safe, at great cost.

Orcs are one of the races that  get bonus from alcohol, I take it? What do they get?

Mithril ammo is that valuable? I'm impressed, is that closer to steel than adamantine?

Though overall, for outcasts it is pretty dependent on trade and raiding.  No orcs' are on island.

As long as food gets hauled no problem.

Animal training...Hm, I already saw the boulder crab. Anything else special it can offer?

I think pop caps don't work if unit arrives on map pregnant.

Wouldn't have guessed the penalties applied for moods. And yeah, malachite is green like green glass - maybe garnierite would be better, since that is bright green. Nickel kinda rare though.

Hm, perhaps a dfhack script would help prevent the  butchering?

1500? Lot of logs. How's the FPS?

Heh on endless babies.Something's up.

Wow, you've moved most things downstairs. Will upstairs be great battle arena, then?

And heh, pressure plate juggling. Could just use pump and fortification to push them into ocean, or at least into prisoner room. Does Masterwork have any non-buildingdestroyer trapavoids other than kobolds?

Though if any go to war with you they've all seen your traps before, so there's that.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 11:29:56 am »

Are you planning to floor over the entire river? I suppose that would make it safe, at great cost.
Not the entire river.  Fort maybe.

Orcs are one of the races that  get bonus from alcohol, I take it? What do they get?
Not sure they do, but no harm as with kobolds.

Mithril ammo is that valuable? I'm impressed, is that closer to steel than adamantine?
Worth more than steel, and sharper than steel, I believe, but lighter which isn't a positive for ammo.

Though overall, for outcasts it is pretty dependent on trade and raiding.  No orcs' are on island.

As long as food gets hauled no problem.

Animal training...Hm, I already saw the boulder crab. Anything else special it can offer?
Training?  It's same as vanilla.  Though there is a wider variety of animals and thus more that can be trained.

I think pop caps don't work if unit arrives on map pregnant.
Right, but that's not the situation with those Ologs.

Wouldn't have guessed the penalties applied for moods. And yeah, malachite is green like green glass - maybe garnierite would be better, since that is bright green. Nickel kinda rare though.

Hm, perhaps a dfhack script would help prevent the  butchering?
Suspect it's hard to detect the situation that makes them unbutcherable.  But don't know.  It's a vanilla issue, I believe.

1500? Lot of logs. How's the FPS?
FPS still fine.  Items not as big an issue as number of creatures pathing.

Heh on endless babies.Something's up.

Wow, you've moved most things downstairs. Will upstairs be great battle arena, then?

And heh, pressure plate juggling. Could just use pump and fortification to push them into ocean, or at least into prisoner room. Does Masterwork have any non-buildingdestroyer trapavoids other than kobolds?
I believe so.  I think weres usually are, no?  Seems like I've had other things run right over traps too.

Though if any go to war with you they've all seen your traps before, so there's that.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »

Weres are building destroyers (though they can ignore buildings for live targets)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 09:06:43 am »

Lost migrants and found aquifers in

Year 154

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 11:49:26 am »

I see two of the thief shanties....5x3 is bit unsual layout for a workshop, but anything can go, I suppose.

They were for trading black marget goods, right?

Quite public jail, if lacking amenities.

Hm. What was that gem cluster dug out in bedrooms? Usually, few gems can outcompete gold.

Coke from bazaar...but at  what cost?

Some of the sand is pretty close to log qpile. Actually, there seems to be an area of it next to blocks? Might as well collect from there and put glassmaking under forge.    

Tomb assignment...Bit tricky. Can't assign tombs once the legendary warriors are dead, I think? So have to forbid things, unless multiple people die at the same time due unrelated causes.

Goblins might be at war, I think.

Valuable block for well.....Hm. Perhaps you could tin and ash-glaze a porcelain brick? Not sure if those are glaceable. The main value is in the mechanism anyway, though.

Copper and gold? And didn't you find magnetite earlier...Sounds like you settled on 1 biome  igneous and anther sedimentary area.

Relics being risky? Hm, like earth strikes back, or syndromes? Not wars, I guess, since raiding doesn't work properly.

2000 logs are into the area where I'd consider setting surface on fire just to get rid of them, but then again I usually don't brother forging seriously without magma.

Lots of aboveground construction. Underground it's much easier. Maybe use a bait for flyers?

Hm. Is the bad luck partly due exp penalty of orcs?

Smirthmoǵ.....You could separate her from her husband, I guess? There's always the one.

That's really easy wood farming. Well, caravan emergency supplies work too, but it's probably more efficient to trade booze than cut trees. Don't have to haul long distance like this.

Dreamwalker leaving....You have emigration script/plugin on?

Sounds like your migrants got stuck. Cut down trees around map edge? Other than that, have to use teleport command on them.

Huh, goins with quality? It's not much, but it's something.

...Well, I guess cage trapping wasn't good enough already :v

6 positions? Well, if there's less than 20z of sky can't sneak in. Though it looks like north and south edges are more apart than 40.

Don't see a reason why wouldn't be able to climb raised bridge. Can climb fortifications and tree branches, after all.

With surface being so empty, might as well make smaller outposts on it. Don't need to roof everything.

Bazaars are large. I see you decided to floor over the sand floor there, though.

A building for generating magma and water? I guess there's a reason to make worlds without any caverns or magma sea in MWDF. Could have embark fit into 7 z-levels, perhaps. Should be able to run a desert 16x16 at 100 FPS, at least for a time.
Pages: 1 [2]