Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thievery!  (Read 1081 times)

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
Thievery!
« on: December 02, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

'Theivery is afoot!', reads the front page of your strangely medieval newspaper. You should know, 'cause you're the thief! Not to brag, but you've stolen a broken lamp, two pieces of mismatched chinaware, and even some weird gadget doohickey! Truly a master in crime, to appear in the front pages of the ne- okay, well maybe not you specifically, but who does it matter to? Still good enough to pickpocket twenty silver coins from some rich moron. Your name is Guybrush Threepwood... uh. Huh. It seems the head injury you got from running into that lamppost earlier was more severe than you'd imagined. Even then, you don't need a name to steal your way to the Crown Jewels of the Kingdom! Now, as you sit on a bench in Market Square, you know this is only the start to a glorious adventure! Now then, if only you could recall your name...

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note on Money (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Thievery!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 06:12:37 pm »

Corvis Umbranox, A.K.A. The Gray Fox
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 06:44:51 pm »

Let's do this (and hope it lasts longer than "petty crime", I had a lot of fun with that one).
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 07:36:41 pm »

Yeah, but the ridiculous writing style was a bit difficult to pull off right, and I felt that people kinda lost interest.
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 07:38:28 pm »

Well, let's hope this game is easier on you.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 12:41:58 am »

> Guybrush Threepwood

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 12:54:27 am »

Corvis Umbranox, A.K.A. The Gray Fox

+1 to just Gray Fox, after all, we could be anyone  :o
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »

Hmm. Your first idea is 'Corvus Umbranox', but it sounds just slightly too... ridiculous. 'The Gray Fox', that sounds much better. Still, upon some contemplation, you keep it as a theatrical name, but for casual or business settings, 'Grey Foxwood' sounds nice. Now that you've finished with inner thoughts, it seems The Gray Fox needs something to do. A quick observation notes several interesting prospects. Near you are several market stalls, mainly selling things like food or clothes. Staring down the crowded path between stalls, you see a man wearing moderately more elegant clothes, seemingly following a circus troupe, all dressed in jester outfits, clown suits, and a variety of other colorful costumes. Lastly, a number of monks are slowly walking through the streets along one of the roads leading into the market, the first of which is ringing a bell. Of course, these are only the most immediately noticeable, and there are surely many other roads of opportunity down less traveled paths.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 01:19:49 pm »

That man in a fancy suit? His purse is ours.
We should look into getting a little purse blade, tools are our friends and our force multiplier. Besides, there was a reason why pickpockets were called cutpurses before pockets became a thing - they'd cut the purse's strings to relieve their owners of the dangly things.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 04:59:24 pm »

That man in a fancy suit? His purse is ours.
We should look into getting a little purse blade, tools are our friends and our force multiplier. Besides, there was a reason why pickpockets were called cutpurses before pockets became a thing - they'd cut the purse's strings to relieve their owners of the dangly things.

+1 to getting equipment
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.