Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I do anything with hostile underground races?  (Read 986 times)

harison86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can I do anything with hostile underground races?
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »

So I've got this one batman in the third cavern, he had at least four companions but they've all been dead (presumably including his parents) probably since the first spring or summer. Looking at their weapons, the lone batman is the only one who has any kills, and apparently has been surviving on his own for a long time since the others have rotted to skeletons. I want to know if I can do anything with him besides killing or caging him. He seems capable considering he killed a named reacher and a jabberer (given enough time, he could probably defeat any foe).

(And on a semi-related note, how do I insert pictures? This button doesn't seem to work.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:38:29 pm by harison86 »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Can I do anything with hostile underground races?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:18:29 pm »

Generally, "hostile" animal men aren't actually hostile.

Code: [Select]
[img]URL_of_an_image_you_uploaded_to_an_image_sharing_website[/img]http://imgur.com/ is pretty much the best, being free and having no bandwidth caps.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 05:14:52 pm »

So I've got this one batman in the third cavern ... they've all been dead (presumably including his parents)  ... lone batman is the only one who has any kills ... apparently has been surviving on his own ... reacher (Riddler) and a jabberer (Joker) ...

try seeing if there's a nightwing elsewhere in the cavern, and zone your jail somewhere nearby

edit: also see if he has high social skills, he could be a disguised merchant or noble (think vampires)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:24:18 pm by Calidovi »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 05:26:32 pm »

Capture him with cave trap, use danger room to make him an invincible badass, release back into caverns.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 05:27:56 pm »

Capture him with cave trap, use danger room to make him an invincible badass, release back into caverns.

Or brutally impale him, even with wooden spears.

danger rooms r fucked bro
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:46:24 pm by Calidovi »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 06:31:29 pm »

or brutally impale him, even with wooden spears

BATMEN. WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 12:18:35 pm »

Or brutally impale him, even with wooden spears.

danger rooms r fucked bro
Perhaps could still use minecarts to train dodging, though without the native dodge bonus I dunno how well it'd work.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 02:08:32 pm »

Cage-capture him, rig the cage to a lever outside, and next siege, open the cage and see if he feels like fighting the goblins?