Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: In case you are wondering what I've been up to, I'm trying to make a tileset.  (Read 4041 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Possible for Mifki still means impossible for ordinary mortals :P

I can make animated grass that weaves in the wind... thats about it. Alt tiles only work on grasses and vermin, if I remember correctly. They blink, you can combine 2 tiles. Thats it.

It cant load gifs, if you ask that.

Edit: tested animated APNGs as creature sprites, does NOT work.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:57:35 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah wasnt really talking about animations or displaying gifs or any of that... kind of clear that that would be pretty difficult, the idea was way simpler.

the main point was to display one single sprite/tile for a second when something attacks someone.
maybe imagine how the hunger/thirst arrows appear for a second over units and then disappear again (but i guess that is more replacing them, so something different from creating them), but instead of flashing over and over they would just appear once. and instead of hunger arrows it would display i.e. a swordshash tile.
also i am probably bad at explaining it hah.

the "problem" is to display a tile over something that gets attacked... maybe through the gamelog (like soundsense?) and then "somehow" finding that unit in the game (dfhack?) and then creating the tile for a moment.
or i.e. if a sword would create a puff of smoke for a second if it hits something the smoke tile could be changed to a swordslash.
or when a sword hits something it "creates a unit" that lives for a second and looks like a swordslash tile.

but ya... probably too complicated and would need its own mod i guess, was just an idea anyways so just forget it. :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

If you can do what you describe, you could also do animations, simply by chaining the new tiles after each other.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3]