Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's your highest fortress wealth been?  (Read 1554 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
What's your highest fortress wealth been?
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »

What's  your highest fortress wealth ever been? 

As dwarves?

In year eight of a Ye Olde Masterwork fortress, currently at 8.3 million.  Wasn’t paying particular attention to anything but the many invaders but now that it’s stabilized with somewhat of a decent military, I’m wondering just how far we can go with fortress wealth as a Stupid Dwarf Project.  Everything studded, encrusted, banded, ivory’ed, shells, with hanging hair and menacing spikes of whatnots.  Except for the floors and walls, all smoothed and engraved with masterwork art.  I wonder how high the wealth could get?  This was triggered when trading away an empty barrel worth 7,540 after the metalcrafter and gemsetter went up and got it from a stockpile next to the Depot instead of going for the furniture in the decorations room that was, like, right there.  For the record: Some boards have claims of 140-ish million with adamantine spires but without accompanying confirmation.  30s seems fairly common for old vanilla forts.  If this has been asked before in this forum, I can't find it.  The numbers were probably higher for ☼Masterwork☼ before there were weekly releases. 

So, personal records for ☼Masterwork☼?  Hints/suggestions? 

edit: year 9.5, 9.2 Million.  Dropped a half million trading away tons of prepped meals (YOM uses an older DFHack without the 'rot food and corpses and clothes' option) but have been making it up as dwarves skill in gem setting and metalcrafting.  Guess it's a typical jimboo fortress variant of Greedy Little Bastards, studding and encrusting everything.  Still training engravers, tho'. 
Continuing,

Year 11, 11.5M.  Total wealth swings with prepped meals; we give away a lot each trade.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:01:40 am by jimboo »
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: What's your highest fortress wealth been?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:37 pm »

Don't remember total fort wealth, but I did have a fort that produced a single statue worth 2.5 million.  Adamantine artifact statue, quite a piece.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:38:06 pm »

Don't remember total fort wealth, but I did have a fort that produced a single statue worth 2.5 million.  Adamantine artifact statue, quite a piece.
You could buy a small country with that single statue
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:00 pm »

I'm about 9 years in with dwarves too, and am at about 5 mil.  I was holding wealth down some, and the lack of wagons for traders helped with that a lot.  I can't import as much ore as I would have liked.  Not that I am ore poor.  Starting to make platinum furniture now so wealth is rising fast.  Haven't even made steel armor yet for the military, but about to do that as armorer is nearing legendary.  Lots of gold downstairs to be mined still.

Heh, I thought my little game artifact was pretty good, but pales to that adamantine one!  A mere 100k.

Checking back, do have a 2-hander orichalcum sword at a quarter mil.  Too big for a dwarf to use.  Don't like my mercs that much.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 02:48:51 pm »

I don't know what mine was, but I am going to try my best to beat Thuellai's record.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 03:02:26 pm »

wait actually I'm going to try to top the highest record here 8.3M Jimboo