Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Succubus obsidian gear?  (Read 1077 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succubus obsidian gear?
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:26:35 am »

okay was testing out some Succubus fort playing and noticed one of the buildings allowed tons of obsidian reactions to produce gear and weapons.  it seemed like an easy way to build a ton of gear sets without having to actually dig for the materials.  Well I built a set of ten gear sets including obsidian corsets, obsidian boots, obsidian gauntlets, obsidian blade-whips, etc.   then i went into the Military screen and realized there's no selection for obsidian material.  I tried to force the selection but ended up with ten naked ladies who wont select the obsidian gear.... guess its a little rough on the skin...  any suggestions on how to get them to use the gear?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Succubus obsidian gear?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:04:04 am »

select specific items, per unit.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 09:17:20 pm »

yeah I was coming back to say i figure that out.... there has to be a better way to accomplish that, lol..... After making a full 10/10 masterwork set of obsidian mistresses.... I made my second war group all Iron.... so I wouldn't have to work so hard to gear them out.

Of note, obsidian gear sells for a ridiculous price, way unbalanced when made this way.  Built a shop over a brook bank, use a copper cauldron for a magma well spawns under the other side, turn it on repeat walk away... 10 minutes later you have a ton of goods for trade....  use the underworld drill to churn out slade blocks, you got all the stone you ever want between the 2 shops, no digging necessary... set up a couple of these each and you can train up a ton of armorsmiths, weaponsmiths, and miners in a month...   I've only got a couple of buildings I haven't figured out yet.... but I could see a tower of pain and pleasure easily created.

I'm currently trying to understand a few of the creatures...  gorecyclops, exterminators, I have them, i even trained a gorecyclops in war.... but I can't seem to get them to do anything but eat and drink all day...  I picked them up from a caravan that arrived...  I built their cages and released them... thought they would work like the frog demons I bought from the same caravan.... but nothing, in the unit list they are listed as pets/livestock and say no job.  Am I missing something?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 03:29:39 am »

Those were not supposed to be pets. Seems succubi tame a few creatures from Zm5s dragons dogma and warcraft mod. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »

If it's evil, intelligent but slow to learn and lives underground, the succubi will enslave dominate appreciate their company. They might tame evil creature on the surface too when they encounter them.

I cannot modify obsidian's value, but you'd get similar prices for crafts your made with a traditional method. I guess that what you get for making stuff other races cannot produce. You are playing right.  :P

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 08:07:23 pm »

well I went ahead and slaughtered them... I had an exterminator butcher and exterminator herbalist and some gorecyclops... I saw the gorecyclops in the embark as a pet I could purchase for 1.... I'm about to quit my test base and build a new embark site..... I could take a hundred of them and slaughter them in the first month for enough food for the first year... but back to the obsidian item issue.

After I got the dames to wear the obsidian gear, I started having food left everywhere.  every time I get a message of mismatch equipment and the spot has a food item sitting on the ground.  Its like did they try to switch the gear for a fish? lol.  new base I'm going with iron armors and silver whips, maybe the food drop issue will stop.  oh and I like the idea of obsidian gear for trade... I can save bone shell for other needs like ash for soap... I still haven't fully figured out the den of inequity yet... will try a different approach in the next trial.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:10:00 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group