Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IT'S A MAD HOUSE  (Read 2021 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
IT'S A MAD HOUSE
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »

Spoiler: A MAD HOUUUUUSE (click to show/hide)

No really how did this happen. I'm buying the human, by and by.

The dwarves brought him on their caravan.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S A MAD HOUSE
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »

Is this masterwork?  Vanilla does not give a temperature reading, and does not give a description like that on cages.

If so, did the entity raws get poked to enable slavery?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 04:23:49 pm »

Nope, regular Lazy Newb Pack.

DfHack is running, though. I would expect that others would have seen this sort of thing before now, though, if that was it.

I do not remember messing with raws. I have a separate instance of DF for that, but it's always possible I messed with the wrong one somehow? This is a fort that is some years old, I only saw the one.

::UPDATE::

He has been paid for with one gold bracelet. I bought him alongside a dog.

He does not show up in pets or citizens.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:29:55 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »

Nah, just standard dfhack is enough. It even says (DFHack) after More information.  E: ninjas.

I expect the human will have same troubles as pet gremlins, though.

Check legends mode?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 04:30:36 pm »

::UPDATE::

He has been paid for with one gold bracelet. I bought him alongside a dog.

He does not show up in pets or citizens.

I'll check legends mode after I open up the cage and see what he does. He doesn't show up in any list whatsoever.

Here's a thing. If he shows up in no lists including pastures, how do I get him out of the cage?

Never mind, got it! He exited the cage once it was constructed. He then immediately stripped naked and began crying. He now shows in my citizen list as a human leatherworker. Also, he was interested to be near a fine cage recently. He has fantastic military skills and is only 29 years old.

He has no relationships whatsoever. He does not even register as a citizen or member of my civilization. In theory this means he could be killed with no repercussions. He's also a legendary poet/dancer/singer/etc.

Instead he will be drafted into the military. He has no labors available, so the game seems to be treating him as a visitor or petitioner.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:40:45 pm by Dunamisdeos »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 04:57:00 pm »

I suspect Fleeting Frames is correct. Gremlins can not be assigned labors normally, nor can you see their thoughts, preferences, etc. However, you CAN assign them labors using Dwarf Therapist (and you can make them nobles, and have them issue mandates you can't see). I also suspect things might improve if you use gui/gm-editor to set him to untrained, since a "wild" human belonging to your civ should be just a regular citizen (unlike a wild gremlin, which would be, well, wild). I'd backup the save before testing, though.
Gremlins show up on the animal part of the units screen, by the way.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »

Well, currently my only theory is that he's human prisoner gotten as a result of recent war.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 05:43:20 pm »

That's just it, he is in my list of citizens. He's not considered an animal, and has a full range of normal sentient preferences.

He's behaving like a newly accepted petitioner. I'll try assigning him labors in therapist later.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 10:20:28 am »

That was so politically incorrect, maybe UN should propose a resolution to Dwarves banning human trafficking  :D
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 12:16:55 pm »

How long has he been in your fortress? Maybe he's a vampire or werebeast and therefore treated as a viable trade good? I can't really think of any other possible answer.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 07:16:27 pm »

Check and see if in your raws humans have common_domestic and pet tags; that will allow them to be brought as pets by caravans and purchased, or brought on embark
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 03:08:33 am »

Don't humans have slavery enabled? Or possible at the very least? Maybe a human civ sold him to the dwarves, or the dwarves attacked a human group carrying him and therefore acquired him like they get other kinds of loot?