Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do sentients get angry if you sell them crafts made from their species?  (Read 889 times)

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I ended up with a bunch of items made out of elf bones, teeth and the like and didn't notice it until the caravans came through and they got brought to the trade depot with the other crafts.  I hastily unselected these and continued trading, but what would actually have happened had I just tried to sell them these elf corpse things?

Is there any general prohibition against trading in this kind of thing?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do sentients get angry if you sell them crafts made from their species?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:11:24 pm »

Short answer: No.

Rambling: Elves are cannibals, so they probably wouldn't mind. Apart from that, provided you're on 0.42.X+, you can only craft items out of bones of undead sapients (still have to butchered "naturally" though), where undead corpses (and their bones) go into the refuse stockpile, while there (former) live counterparts go into the corpse stockpile (NOT to be confused with refuse/corpse...). I've sold crafts made out of elven bone to elves and human bone to humans (since I play dead civs I don't get dwarven caravans) with no issues. Obviously goblin bone crafts are fine as well.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do sentients get angry if you sell them crafts made from their species?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 12:26:57 pm »

Short answer: No.

Rambling: Elves are cannibals, so they probably wouldn't mind. Apart from that, provided you're on 0.42.X+, you can only craft items out of bones of undead sapients (still have to butchered "naturally" though), where undead corpses (and their bones) go into the refuse stockpile, while there (former) live counterparts go into the corpse stockpile (NOT to be confused with refuse/corpse...). I've sold crafts made out of elven bone to elves and human bone to humans (since I play dead civs I don't get dwarven caravans) with no issues. Obviously goblin bone crafts are fine as well.

Good to know.  I assume I got these from a goblin invasion because I certainly didn't craft them myself.