Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "You don't have enough mechanisms."  (Read 2222 times)

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"You don't have enough mechanisms."
« on: September 17, 2016, 04:31:42 pm »

Apparenly, 103 Mechanisms aren't enough to link my lever to my bridge. I've already linked a few bridges up to levers in this very game, so I don't understand why I can't now. My mechanisms aren't forbidden, there are no burrow restrictions, the mechanisms, lever, and bridge are all accessible from one another, and dwarves have the mechanics labor.

Any ideas?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: "You don't have enough mechanisms."
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 04:56:43 pm »

The mechanisms might be tasked, to be moved to a stockpile for instance.

Still, 90% of the time this sort of post is a connectivity issue. Try stationing dwarf into all 3 places.

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »

Well, my lever is in my dining hall/meeting area, which is surrounded by bedrooms, and my mechanisms are stockpiled right next to the blocks they used to make the bridge, and the mechanics workshop that makes the mechanisms is right next to the masons workshop that makes my blocks. Dwarves are constantly moving back and forth between these things, so I know it's not a connectivity issue.

Also, I've tried to link to the bridges I did before, and I can't link to any bridge, even the ones I've already linked to from other levers, and the other levers say the same thing of the bridges they aren't currently connected to.

If someone wants to tell me where I can upload my save, I'll gladly do that if anyone wants to take a look.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:03:17 pm by Spectre9000 »

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »

Ok, apparently, I now have access to levers again... which is funny, cause I know at this moment I'm under siege and the path to that particular bridge is closed off. So if it was a pathing issue then it should still be happening.

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »

Did you recently create or free up space in a furniture stockpile? If so, the mechanisms in the workshop could have been tasked to be moved into said stockpile.