Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cages  (Read 997 times)

Kalle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cages
« on: September 11, 2006, 09:22:00 am »

I had a deer get caught in a cage trap at the entrance to my fortress. "Hey, free meat!" I thought, but I can't do anything to the deer. I can't even release it and get my cage back. I'm sure there's some arcane way to get the deer out of there and onto my dinner table, but I can't find it. Help please.

Satyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cages
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:40:00 am »

Doesn't it appear on the animal screen of the overview [z]?

Kalle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:54:00 am »

It does not.

Since I last posted I have also caught a pair of goblins. I have no clue what I should do with them either, though I want them dead.

The last time I had a goblin caught in a cage I tried assigning him to a chain in another part of the fortress, but as soon as he was released from the cage to be led to the chain he escaped. My war dogs tore him to pieces, but I'd rather not risk loose goblins this time.

Satyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 12:11:00 pm »

Then you might try to tame it at the kennels. After that it should appear on the animal screen, where you could make it available as pet. With some luck you can send it to the butcher, too.

Goblins can't be tamed, so you can only use  them as ornaments. I think there are actually some dwarves who like goblins, so you might get a happy thought or two out of them. Or you could throw cage+goblin into the chasm.