Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Veil, a RP universe  (Read 531 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Veil, a RP universe
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »

notice: for information about the universe of Veil, consult this: Veil universe write-up

How to make a character for the Veil universe:
First of all, there are a few rules:
  • Your character must fit the current age that Asemin is in.
  • Avoid stereotyped characters, characters should have freedom in personality.
  • Creating a custom race/species must be approved with the universe master (me) before put into usage, and the usage of it must be confirmed with the game master (the person running the roleplay
  • Obey forum rules and common sense when communicating with other players, common sense not required in characters.
Well, that's through now, so lets get to skills, a user has 20 skill points to use, and must use all of them in the balancing of their character, skills come in a full range, -20 level (Yikes!) to 20 level (OP), levels below  -10 or above 10 should only occur when a race/species natural skill buffs/debuffs are applied, and not all skills are race/species buffable.

Spoiler: Skill list (click to show/hide)
Currently avaliable races:
Human (Like a generic human)
Spoiler: Human standard info (click to show/hide)
Ok, time for Character design.
Characters must have at minimum 2 paragraphs (6 sentences) describing there physical features, and 2 paragraphs describing their personality. Sure that may seem like a bit much, but this is a large world that develops with the players, and the players develop in lockstep with it.
So here, have a character sheet, and get crackin!
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

After 5 characters are made, the first RP will be started in a separate post.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Veil, a RP universe
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 02:33:50 pm »

Reserved

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »

PTW. Might post a character after I see what some other people are doing. I don't have Dropbox on my phone so I can't read the write up
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »

The concept of a Narrativium-based RPG can be very fun, and I'd gladly join... except that you're obviously trying to pull a game mechanic out of thin air, and not giving it nearly enough thought. Frankly, from this sample, I believe you'd be better served using an established system. Moreover, you should expose yourself to a few more systems - and understand them - before trying to create one.
BTW, the write-up is very short, you should just copy and post it here.

-Speed should either be a function of your muscles' strength and stamina, or a derivative of your agility as in reflexes. A separate skill seems superfluous.
-You have intelligence, two intelligence specializations, and another intelligence specialization which unnecessarily says it's to be handled by the GM... well, aren't they all? Anyway, you'd be better served separating traits and skills.
-Resistance to*: messy. You should have a stamina or suchlike trait, and handle magic resistances separately.
-"More will be added as needed": WTF?!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:08:29 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...