Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Execution of Berserk Dwarf Sends Caravan Guard Into Rage?  (Read 806 times)

Ildac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Execution of Berserk Dwarf Sends Caravan Guard Into Rage?
« on: September 13, 2016, 03:25:53 pm »

So today, I started up a new fort, and had a dwarf get possessed a couple years in.  We wound up not having what he needed, so he went berserk and started punching everyone around him.  He was swiftly dispatched by a nearby miner (sliced in half by her pick--ouch), and I started to queue up a grave for him.

Then Soundsense kept playing the slashing and crunching noises of combat.  I look at the logs, and I see that the caravan guard outside has just begun slaughtering all the dwarves around him.  He proceeds to do this to eleven of my goddamn dwarves as the caravan, apparently horrified by this whole event, quickly packs up and leaves.  His bloodthirst apparently sated, the guard hurried along after the caravan, leaving my dwarves to gape in shock and mourn the sudden deaths of their friends and loved ones.

So... what happened?  I have a theory, and I'd like some input.

I haven't checked the relationships tab for the deceased berserk dwarf (and not sure if I even can, now that he's been cleanly sliced in half by a pick), but I get the feeling that he and the guard were friends.  He was a migrant, so he had a prior history.  I think the guard caught wind of his friend's death and went to go kill the miner who did it.  Since dwarves have apparently been made a lot more brave in a previous update, I think the ones who wound up slaughtered probably jumped in to try and stop him.

All because this guy wanted to avenge his crazy friend.

Thoughts?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Execution of Berserk Dwarf Sends Caravan Guard Into Rage?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 03:46:02 pm »

Certainly possible, in particular if the caravan was a dwarven one.

Ildac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 03:48:05 pm »

Certainly possible, in particular if the caravan was a dwarven one.

Oh yeah, it was dwarven.  Guess I should have specified.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:08:32 pm »

To check relationships of dead dwarves, find someone they knew that is still alive, check their relationships, and view through that.