Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Underground waterfall: I love you.  (Read 624 times)

LegendaryFishCleaner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Underground waterfall: I love you.
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:01:00 pm »

Okay, so I've wanted to try making a fortress by an underground river for a while, and I finally just used dwarven prospector and reveal.exe to uncover one.  It's very small, just appears from nowhere and flows off into a tiny chasm- but I intend to divert it, so that's fine.  The funny thing is, it's remarkably densely populated!

It's home to a pack of 6 frogmen, a pack of 5 lizardmen, a pack of 4 snakemen, 5 olmmen, and a mudman... and they're all being inexorably swept towards their doom!  In the first two minutes of observation, three olmmen have died.  It's glorious.

[ February 04, 2008: Message edited by: LegendaryFishCleaner ]

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: Underground waterfall: I love you.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

oooh gieff seed plx! :P

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:29:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer:
<STRONG>oooh gieff seed plx! :P</STRONG>

Any mountain tile with an underground river has this. And speak English.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

Sadly, all the inhabitants will die before you dig a path to the river. Because of this I now always make sure that my cave river doesn't have any ends in my fort's location.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: DJ ]

Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...