Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3) - Finished!  (Read 45756 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Forever (Adventure #3)
« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:52 pm »

"Efficient."

Running diagnostics.
Koi proceeds to nibble on the metal bar while he runs diagnostics and scans the pen. Anything notable about the metal bar? Composition? Any notable flavors outside of the normal KX9 reflavoring of metals and metalloids?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 20, 2016, 11:16:46 pm »

"Efficient."

Running diagnostics.
Koi proceeds to nibble on the metal bar while he runs diagnostics and scans the pen. Anything notable about the metal bar? Composition? Any notable flavors outside of the normal KX9 reflavoring of metals and metalloids?
Your diagnosis shows nothing out of order, to Espada's reassurance. The bar tastes like platinum, with a hint of osmium. The pen appears perfectly mundane, made of plastic, wood, and steel. Curious.

"We pride ourselves on efficiency"

"Yes. It is our policy to avoid the messy. Unlike some people."

"Get the hell out."

"Indeed, we believe compensation is in order for any inconvenience caused to persons here as a result of our effort to neutralize the Vagrant."

"We admit our chosen method was regrettably indiscriminate, but the opportunity was too great to let pass."

The two begin to distribute similarly-sized gold bars to all present passengers, aside from those who'd come aboard for the first time just now. Resalth seems to eye this with subdued envy.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 20, 2016, 11:24:39 pm »

Koi continues nomming the bar. Always good to replace lost metals.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2016, 01:53:28 am »

Titus looks down at the gold bar and notes that Resalth did not receive one and walks over to him. "Here." He holds out his bar. "You dragons like precious metals, right?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2016, 03:13:16 am »

Titus looks down at the gold bar and notes that Resalth did not receive one and walks over to him. "Here." He holds out his bar. "You dragons like precious metals, right?"

"You humans and your stereotypes... Nevertheless, it would be improper to decline." He takes the bar from your hand with a greedy gleam in his eye, though, but you could almost swear you see gratitude as well.

"Are you quite done yet? Because you have about five seconds before I boot your sorry asses off this ship."

"No, sir, we're not finished yet."

"I'm afraid our business with you has not yet... concluded."

The two figures drew and uncapped their pens. "Nice try," says the Traveler, swiping a panel. "You really should have left when I asked. I suspect you only got in due to residual damage from the collision, but now that she's had some time to catch her breath... well, I think she's about as happy to see you as I am."

Their outlines began to waver. "Were it so easy, Mr. Green."

"Yes, Mr. Brown, I daresay he's rather a nuisance."

"But hear me well, all of you. Do you really know who you are traveling with?"

"Do you think you can trust this person?"

The ship groaned. The space around the two men contorted and swirled, almost as if they were being sucked down a drain.
"We'll be watching."
"Always watching"

A few seconds passed. One of the window-blocking cupboards creaked open, and from within emerged Jaden. "They gone? No one said there'd be FBI here, man!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 21, 2016, 03:27:10 am »

"Frankly I don't much care whom I'm traveling with. Data is Data."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 21, 2016, 03:55:42 am »

"As always, your vote of confidence is heartwarming."

Espada goes over and helps Jaden out of the cupboard. "Yes, they are gone. And I really doubt an American police agency could have followed you here."

Espada expresses some concern about potential predatory interdimensional entities, whether they might be the two apparent intruders or the fellow upon whom they intruded, though they conclude that the strange glimpse into that granted by the dissolution experience earlier makes them hesitant to believe the latter. However, Espada also recalls Koi's objective in accompanying this Traveler, that being to return home, and wonders if Koi might reconsider. Perhaps, instead, he could come to Espada's reality? A KX-9 from an earlier epoch such as Koi could help restore what the Groupmind had lost during the [UNSPEAKABLE].

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 21, 2016, 04:07:47 am »

Unopposed. Sufficiently similar realities, just temporally disjointed. Am willing.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 21, 2016, 04:22:44 am »

Titus leans in and speaks in a low tone. "I'm giving you over-grown lizards a second chance, betray me or the others, and there will not be third." Titus turns and moves towards the Traveler, but then turns back to say one more thing in a more relaxed voice. "That being said, I'll try to be more amiable in the future."
He walks up to the Traveler and addresses him. "If I wasn't left so confused by these recent events, I probably would have made an attempt on those two. I'm not sure if I'd manage to actually do anything, but I certainly would have tried." Titus stands at ease. "So where are we going next, Traveler?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 21, 2016, 05:01:53 am »

Titus leans in and speaks in a low tone. "I'm giving you over-grown lizards a second chance, betray me or the others, and there will not be third." Titus turns and moves towards the Traveler, but then turns back to say one more thing in a more relaxed voice. "That being said, I'll try to be more amiable in the future."

"Duly noted."

He walks up to the Traveler and addresses him. "If I wasn't left so confused by these recent events, I probably would have made an attempt on those two. I'm not sure if I'd manage to actually do anything, but I certainly would have tried." Titus stands at ease. "So where are we going next, Traveler?"

"Forward," he says. "Always forward."

--

Whose woods these are I think I know.
 His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
 To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
 To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
 The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
 To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
 Of the easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
 But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,

"...And miles to go before I sleep."

[ROLL CREDITS, OUTRO MUSIC]

[NEXT TIME ON WAYWARD PATHS...]

"What's with today and Mexican standoffs??"

Even at this level, calculations show chances of survival dwindling rapidly.

"It's funny, Centurion, to think what I'd have done to you in this situation three years ago."

"Avi. Espada. One of you silence Jaden before I do."

"Remember this morning, when you said you wouldn't kill us all?"

"Empress' Talons, just how many men with a staggering ego complex are there wandering the infinite?"

As the smoke clears, the angry man in the white coat steps out of what is left of the arcade. "Good job, Morty. You reaaaally screwed it up this time.

[...POSSIBLY]
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]