Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assigning armor.  (Read 617 times)

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assigning armor.
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:19:29 am »

Alright, been a long time since I've played. Back to editing the uniforms as needed before/because I can't yet specialize production.
And my google-fu fails me again. When assigning 'headwear,' 'legwear,' and the like, does a dwarf automatically choose the best available armor?
Like, will they favor greaves over leggings if both are sitting around, and wear gloves if Urist, Urist, and Urist grabbed all the gauntlets?
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning armor.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:08:52 am »

Excreting data read elsewhere, they'll automatically pick most expensive thing they can (works with steel>bronze>copper>bone and miserably with decorations/retiring), and wear it till it is completely gone (unless they're marksdwarves).

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:01:06 am »

In my experience, dwarves put on armour very quickly if you individually assign each piece.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:21:38 pm »

Ah, so showiest armor.
Which is, in general, the best armor, but Urist is going to go for that shirt someone through through a waterwheel-powered bedazzler before a proper breastplate.
Like all people dwarfy.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.