Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stairs! I can't figure them out!  (Read 816 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stairs! I can't figure them out!
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »

I'm stupid... would anybody like to help me build stairs and ramps? I really can't figure out how to use them. And how do I remove "down stairs"? Then let's have you or myself post it on the wiki. Informal is okay for the first week or two on the wiki while we consolidate all that we relearned!

mcnmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stairs! I can't figure them out!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »

I just started playing this game about ten minutes ago, after watching the world being created. To make a downward stairway I think you have to press 'D' for Designations, and then choose the downward stairway option. It is represented by a letter, and when built, should show up as something that looks like a greater than sign. This was actually my very first order when the game began, but I am not sure if it was built properly because they all ran away from a raccoon!

-edit-

Your answer can be found under the GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS section, in a post called "*ahem* uhm... how to tunnel down?"

[ October 29, 2007: Message edited by: mcnmac ]

alex may

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 07:38:00 pm »

Build a ramp in a wall to make a ramp going up to the above level - you'll see a downramp appear above.

Build a down starwell to do down - you'll need to build an up stairwell or an up/down stairwell underneath it to get down there.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:41:00 pm »

So how do I remove an "up staircase" and how do I remove a "down staircase"? I only see the designate option for ONE of those... does that mean if I build a complete working staircase, I can only destroy half of it again? I have some early stairs tests that I would like to get rid of, but can't.

Lucid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:19:00 pm »

Building a floor on a stairs removes it from use.