Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crying  (Read 3063 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crying
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 06:40:06 pm »

To make a dwarf cry I always just play adventure mode... Constant tears for some reason. Not even kidding. Every time, constant tears no matter what.

Stop murdering things without abandon and walking amongst the natural world of trees and grasses then that repulse dwarves so.

Those sir are tears of disgust.  Torturing your poor little dwarf like that with no will of its own.

I should call the RSCPD (royal society for the prevention of cruelty towards dwarves)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:43 pm »

To make a dwarf cry I always just play adventure mode... Constant tears for some reason. Not even kidding. Every time, constant tears no matter what.

Stop murdering things without abandon and walking amongst the natural world of trees and grasses then that repulse dwarves so.

Those sir are tears of disgust.  Torturing your poor little dwarf like that with no will of its own.

I should call the RSCPD (royal society for the prevention of cruelty towards dwarves)

That's ok, I'll just call BAY 12.  8)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 01:13:32 pm »

Anyway, further testing has made it clear: it's just a bug.  Tears start for sensible reasons (generally seeing your first dead body, unless you happen to be playing a race that gets teary eyed at the sight of a nice table) but then never go away.  I guess I'll have to wait until this is fixed to make a paladin race work properly.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 07:47:25 pm »

Anyway, further testing has made it clear: it's just a bug.  Tears start for sensible reasons (generally seeing your first dead body, unless you happen to be playing a race that gets teary eyed at the sight of a nice table) but then never go away.  I guess I'll have to wait until this is fixed to make a paladin race work properly.

Why not just make the paladins unable to cry?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 03:05:17 am »

You'd need to make paladins into a caste then to change it without changing the base creature.

Though a syndromic change into a caste paladin would probably be ok given that there are requirements in D&D to revoke being a partially supernatural paladin on account of commiting a evil act.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 04:15:01 am »

Not exact mechanics of a d&d paladin, just a race that temporarily loses their bonuses when they break their values (fighting innocent victims, for example).  The plan was to give them values and a personality that makes them cry when attacking the innocent, and give the tears a contact syndrome that weakens the one who is crying.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 09:40:29 pm »

as attempts to create a naked human man that perpetually sweats or is covered in olive oil with [TRAP_IMMUNE] running around using the OIL:OLIVE_TEMPLATE etc have been unsuccessful in getting to generate in arena mode despite a lack of error log problems,

I've noticed some trouble getting animal and plant based tags not playing nicely. Also lol, oil man.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 [2]