Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help with stone bolts?  (Read 806 times)

stillrabbit730

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
help with stone bolts?
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:16:34 am »

Alright, i have a problem.
I made a reaction to create stone bolts and it works really well, the only problem is these stone bolts dont get placed in any ammo stockpiles.
And i cannot tell my marksdwarfs or my hunters to use these stone bolts.

So my question is how can i designate that stone bolts are an ammo type?
i think it has to do with the [ITEMS_AMMO] tag.
but where would I put this tag to make all stone able to be counted as ammo?

thanks, any help would be appreciated

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: help with stone bolts?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:03:29 pm »

you cant fix that.

You either need to make a wood or a metal called "rock" and make "rock bolts" from that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 03:22:43 pm »

With a "wood" being a better bet, as a "metal" could be melted into "stone" bars.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

stillrabbit730

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:15:22 pm »

so i could, say, create a wood, call it Stone and make it have the same density as cinnabar?
how would i go about doing that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 07:22:49 am »

copy the raws of a tree. rename it. delete all biome, frequency, etc tags, so that it does not appear in the wild. change the line  WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE to to WOOD:SUPER_SPECIAL_NEW_ROCK_WOOD_TEMPLATE. Go to material_template.txt. Copy the wood template. Rename the new one to super special new rock wood template. Open inorganic.txt and copy the properties of cinnabar. Paste them in the new super special new rock wood template. Done.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

stillrabbit730

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 11:48:12 am »

thank you, it really works.

thanks everyone for your help

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 01:59:57 pm »

Actually what Meph said has unnecessary steps, and/or may not work exactly as described.

A better way would be to do everything up to where he says to change the material template. Instead change the material template to "STONE_TEMPLATE" and then copy everything from the cinnabar inorganic except the material template tag into your tree wood material. You will probably also need to add "PREFIX:NONE" to your wood material. There is no need for a new template at all.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

Actually what Meph said has unnecessary steps, and/or may not work exactly as described.

A better way would be to do everything up to where he says to change the material template. Instead change the material template to "STONE_TEMPLATE" and then copy everything from the cinnabar inorganic except the material template tag into your tree wood material. You will probably also need to add "PREFIX:NONE" to your wood material. There is no need for a new template at all.

This is true, but in my opinion it adds clutter to the tree raw. I usually do what Meph suggested simply because it looks cleaner. Both work though and I suppose it depends on personal preference.

Edit: Also, it should work exactly as described.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531