Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dying bookkeeper causes counts to be hidden (wrong forum  (Read 741 times)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dying bookkeeper causes counts to be hidden (wrong forum
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

EDIT: Dangit, thought I was in the bugs forum. Apologies, folks.

My bookkeeper died to an errant fire man caused by careless channel digging. At the time, he had achieved "high" precision for my production and trade. When I re-opened the game the next day, my counts had been hidden with the "you need a bookkeeper" text, so I assigned one and set the precision to high. Said bookkeeper did no work, and when I checked his settings, they claimed that enough work had been done to achieve high precision, but the status screen still said I needed a bookkeeper.

I've currently set the precision to maximum, and I assume that once that's achieved my numbers will return, but it's gonna take a while.

Incidentally, recordkeeping gives experience incredibly quickly. My totally-untrained bookkeeper made it to "Competent" just going from 18% of the way to maximum precision to 21% (and gained a level of agility, too).

[ April 11, 2008: Message edited by: Derakon ]

Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Dying bookkeeper causes counts to be hidden (wrong forum
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:40:00 am »

That page turning does make the fingers quick I guess.
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Dying bookkeeper causes counts to be hidden (wrong forum
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »

Isn't it obvious? Dwarves don't have paper.

But they do have rock. Lots of rock.

Also, you might be interested in knowing that, while dwarves obviously can keep their imaginary monetary accounts perfectly in their heads, it seems that if you have a bookkeeper the account-keeping also falls to him. Which explains how they can easily have four to five number accounts. I'm talking accounts like 5473 monies.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]