Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a mod which makes vampires and werethings vulnerable to silver?  (Read 909 times)

AverageBandit

• Bay Watcher
  • "A nuuuuu"
    • View Profile

Was playing The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt and had an idea came across my mind:What if,since adventurers are basically monster hunters (see:witcher),silver weapons were actually viable as cutting weapons when used against undead,werethings,vampires and other supernatural and paranormal beings?

Would it even be possible to make exceptions for material specific damages in creature raws?

Seems to me this could only add another layer of depth to the already quite good adventurer mode and also fortress mode,though in a smaller fashion.

Also,is there a mod which makes being stabbed in the lower/upper body such that when organs are damaged (eg. the blade enters the body) 100% fatal due to bleeding? I feel like the player and,by extension,NPC's should do everything in their power to avoid coming into contact with an opponents weapon in the first place and it's getting rather boring murdering people by having to stab them over 9000 times in the damn chest.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

They already are - or rather, each vampire and werecreatureis generated with a weakness to a random weapon metal.  You can find out which material from people telling you about the creature.

You can also add vulnerabilites to modded creatures or syndromes using material force multipliers.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also,is there a mod which makes being stabbed in the lower/upper body such that when organs are damaged (eg. the blade enters the body) 100% fatal due to bleeding?

entirely possible, yeah. just about every creature by default has a line that adds that property to heart tissue (has major arteries). you can just follow its example and extend it to livers, kidneys, guts and whatever else you like

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was playing The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt and had an idea came across my mind:What if,since adventurers are basically monster hunters (see:witcher),silver weapons were actually viable as cutting weapons when used against undead,werethings,vampires and other supernatural and paranormal beings?

Would it even be possible to make exceptions for material specific damages in creature raws?

Seems to me this could only add another layer of depth to the already quite good adventurer mode and also fortress mode,though in a smaller fashion.

Also,is there a mod which makes being stabbed in the lower/upper body such that when organs are damaged (eg. the blade enters the body) 100% fatal due to bleeding? I feel like the player and,by extension,NPC's should do everything in their power to avoid coming into contact with an opponents weapon in the first place and it's getting rather boring murdering people by having to stab them over 9000 times in the damn chest.

Well, you could go about it, but it would mean creating your own vampires and werebeasts (the interaction examples folder contains some basics to get you started off) and using advanced worldgen to remove all procedurally-generated ones. Up to you whether that's worth the work.

As for combat lethality, the first and last place to go is TISSUE_TEMPLATE_DEFAULT.

[MAJOR_ARTERIES] makes ruptures cause catastrophic, guaranteed-lethal bleeding - I always slap it on the heart (for obvious reasons), brain (for more complicated reasons), and spleen (splenic rupture is still grave business even today, and definitely 100% lethal in DF's time period). That gives you a near-instant-kill spot in the head, upper body, and lower body.

[ARTERIES], well, add arteries to a tissue. These can sometimes be severed in combat, causing bleeding to spike - however, one ruptured ARTERY won't kill.

If you just want things to bleed out faster, one quick-and-dirty option is jacking up [VASCULAR] values by a factor of x10-20 on all the organ tissues. This will make everything bleed that much more, causing exsanguination that much faster. I find that this produces satisfying results, myself - hits to the lung or liver or whatnot are still weirdly survivable for the 15th c., but if multiple organs get nailed, things go sour quickly.
This sort of tweak also makes armour massively more important than it already was to begin with - something to bear in mind.

AverageBandit

• Bay Watcher
  • "A nuuuuu"
    • View Profile

Well, you could go about it, but it would mean creating your own vampires and werebeasts (the interaction examples folder contains some basics to get you started off) and using advanced worldgen to remove all procedurally-generated ones. Up to you whether that's worth the work.

As for combat lethality, the first and last place to go is TISSUE_TEMPLATE_DEFAULT.

[MAJOR_ARTERIES] makes ruptures cause catastrophic, guaranteed-lethal bleeding - I always slap it on the heart (for obvious reasons), brain (for more complicated reasons), and spleen (splenic rupture is still grave business even today, and definitely 100% lethal in DF's time period). That gives you a near-instant-kill spot in the head, upper body, and lower body.

[ARTERIES], well, add arteries to a tissue. These can sometimes be severed in combat, causing bleeding to spike - however, one ruptured ARTERY won't kill.

If you just want things to bleed out faster, one quick-and-dirty option is jacking up [VASCULAR] values by a factor of x10-20 on all the organ tissues. This will make everything bleed that much more, causing exsanguination that much faster. I find that this produces satisfying results, myself - hits to the lung or liver or whatnot are still weirdly survivable for the 15th c., but if multiple organs get nailed, things go sour quickly.
This sort of tweak also makes armour massively more important than it already was to begin with - something to bear in mind.

How would I go about about adding the [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES] (also:what does the TL stand for?) to say;the spleen as you said?I don't see any body location definitions eg. UPPER_BODY or LOWER_BODY?

My raw (creature_standard right?) also don't contain any [VASCULAR] tags?? Nvm found it in tissue templates
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:24:35 pm by AverageBandit »