Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knights and Vikings - Brainstorming - No, it's not historically accurate.  (Read 2385 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

force-siege was serious FUN though when you have a big army, make a backup save and just spawn 100-200 enemies to see how long you can hold.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

If you want to avoid making berserkers their own caste, you can give the Norse the ability to make a drink that boosts their rage propensity through the roof, and maybe adds other things like combat trances and pain resistance.  That would allow you to keep them all humans.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

So quick question guys. I decided to take the guilds vs bunched up fuckers approach.

Do I need to individually assign skill rates, or can I use the blanket [SKILL_RATES:(insert numbers here)] and then add the skills they have bonuses in?

Additionally, some kind of expensive raiding mechanic for the Vikings, yea or nay on that? Cause I really need to dust off the cobwebs as far as reactions go.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

SKILL_RATES:speed:?:rust:demotion followed by SKILL_RATE:skill:speed:?:rust:demotion will replace the former with the latter for that skill only, yeah.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:54:50 pm by Putnam »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

So I just need to individually do what they're supposed to be good at then?

That has made this about 100 times less tedious to actually sit down and do.
Pages: 1 [2]