Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode specific question - Refugees with no home nor family bugged menu  (Read 815 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right now im experience a slight bug playing as (besides tasty flavour text about 'stopping fools releasing children' when i base my adventurer over a dark fortress, yum yum unintentional secret goodies) a goblin peasant because refugees are borked.

Because the tirade of goblins (in the end i opted to just ditch them in the wilderness) had no particular destination, family or home other than the one they were escaping from (this was a dark pit i spawned at already under attack), i could not challenge the agreement when i took them under my wing nor expand upon it as it looped back to "i have no family to speak of" each time with no additional menu, they were stuck with me.

For future reference what is the requirement for evacuating refugees just in case i have severely misunderstood some kind of distance/place related trigger, its nice to have them around, but they were too poorly equipped and skilled to be worth exploiting as free companions. I personally wanted more skilled armored sorts for company and the quest logs were annoyingly unfufilled.

Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had this issue too. I found a Forest Retreat that was apparently under attack by a Dwarf-ruled Hamlet. I talked to as many elves as I could find and told them I would help them escape, which gained me about 20 new companions. However when I asked them where they wanted to go, they simply told me "I have no family to speak of".

This was annoying, as I wanted to be able to help them and prevent them from getting hurt. However, they showed their determination and willingness to fight after going full-on at a pack of Dingoes that attacked us, so I decided to keep them as companions. Soon after half of them were incinerated by a Titan, and then a few more were killed by a Roc.

A few days later, I found out that the remaining six or so had abandoned their jobs (peasant, bowyer etc) and became soldiers, all of them recruits except for a wrestler. I gave them weapons and shields and set out to the Hamlet which attacked the Forest Retreat, killed the Dwarf Lady and set myself as ruler.

Story aside, I have had exactly the same issue as you. This has been the only time I've tried rescuing people from invaders, so I wonder what happens if you rescue people that DO have a family.