Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Genius Loci: The Living, Breathing World (Sci-Fi God Game)  (Read 603 times)

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Genius Loci: The Living, Breathing World (Sci-Fi God Game)
« on: July 09, 2016, 10:40:41 pm »

My inspiration, and To give you an idea of what you should expect.

The setting: A nightmarish world where everything, from the mountains to the gun wielded and the bullets the primitive, vaguely humanoid abominations fire, are living creatures, shaped into twisted, disturbing forms. We are the makers of these lands, the Genius Loci. Armed with the powers of evolution and life, nothing dies here. Everything, from the body and the mind, to the spirit and soul, are remade into new things after the old thing has expired. Everything here is reincarnated into new things, overtime. What you make of these materials, is up to you.

PHASE 1: THE LAND IS FIRST MADE
As of now, the Living, Breathing World is simply a figment of imagination, the nothing that makes up endless opportunity. Before the rest is to be made, the foundation, the world's architecture, must first be made. The process is simple.

Name: What is your region called?

Geography: What kind of terrain does your region have? Remember, everything is alive in this world. Every rock is bone, and every grain of sand is like a skin cell. Dig too much, and you may expose muscle tissue, and cause the land to bleed.

Method of Recycling Matter: How does your land turn old, expired matter into new matter to be used.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:12:45 pm by Ragenaut »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Living, Breathing World
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 12:05:32 am »

1 and 3 sounds pretty awesome...
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Living, Breathing World
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 12:17:53 am »

Agreed. I'll begin with the Genius Loci first, then hopefully, we'll be able to set up a competitive world versus invaders type game in the long run. Nature versus colonization, I guess, though why anyone would want to colonize this horrid abomination of a planet, I have no clue.

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genius Loci: The Living, Breathing World (Sci-Fi God Game)
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 12:10:42 pm »

Name: The Esophaghul Mountains.

Geography: A range of mountains, covered in massive blades of black, sharp, strong bone. Within the mountains are a series of tunnels and caves, all of them covered in thick, slippery slime. Within the caves are vast lakes of liquid. Most are only slightly acidic, like saliva, harmless to most. However, at any given point, an extra compound is released into the lake, causing it to become extremely toxic and acidic, the rank, toxic fumes causing anyone nearby to become violently ill for several hours, and completely dissolving anything within the lake in a few minutes, creating a quick, painful death. The only thing not dissolved is the thick slime that covers the surface, which is the only thing that keeps the mountain from digesting itself.

Method of recycling matter: Dissolving and absorbing anything within its lakes.