Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What anomalies have you discovered on your adventures?  (Read 1048 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
What anomalies have you discovered on your adventures?
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:39:07 pm »

If you play adventure mode, you are guaranteed to find something weird and unfitting eventually. Something that just should not be, but is.

Recently, I discovered a town with a crack near a bridge. This crack lead down into the caverns and landed you straight on an underground iceberg. Near this bridge, there was a town that somehow got raided and taken over by kobolds and had giant brown recluse spider webs everywhere.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What anomalies have you discovered on your adventures?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:50:03 pm »

Kind of a bug, maybe:

I was passing by a forest lair for the 2nd time. The first time I visited was when I was ordered by my Lady to slay a Night Troll, and I did so without technical issues.

This time, however, I was hit by a massive framerate drop. I approached the lair to investigate, to see near and outside its entrance in about a 30-60 tile radius a massive flock of keas, some geese, a herd of hooved herbivores (don't remember what), and a pack of wolves. Man, such a sight to behold would be a wildlife watcher's dream in real life! Wilderness areas I've had to travel through had always only had the occasional loner and a flock / herd of 5-10 individual animals.

I came to another forest lair 2 world tiles east and got the same framerate drop, this time it was of wolves fighting turkeys and when I came back after a few in-game hours I saw the aftermath of a cave fish man vs ant worker man battle; their corpses and dropped weapons were strewn everywhere.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:42:59 am »

I had that happen but haven't been able to reproduce it enough to file a bug report yet.

As for anomalies, uh, I go around making use of glitchy volcano tube spawning mechanics to build forts right on the magma sea as the magma collapses around it, and recently learned how to clear out and build directly on top of SMR tiles (dropping water on them clears the magma for a tick, long enough to designate and build something there) so... the sky is, uh the limit?

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 09:21:02 pm »

As for anomalies, uh, I go around making use of glitchy volcano tube spawning mechanics to build forts right on the magma sea as the magma collapses around it, and recently learned how to clear out and build directly on top of SMR tiles (dropping water on them clears the magma for a tick, long enough to designate and build something there) so... the sky is, uh the limit?

Oooh... I'm curious as to what exactly it must've looked like; it sounds too complex for the grasp of words alone :)

I had that happen but haven't been able to reproduce it enough to file a bug report yet.

My settings were Pocket world, 250yrs history, min civs, max sites, max beasts, max savagery, minerals everywhere. I could put up the save folder, if anyone wants.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:00:44 am »

I don't think the settings are critical to the creaturespamspawn bug, just some locations trigger it badly.