Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My dwarves are eating spiders!?  (Read 2181 times)

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarves are eating spiders!?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »

My fortress doesn't have cave spiders in it. I can only get cloth by trading ;-;

I caught a large roach and tamed it, but it just sits in its trap all day, and nobody adopts it. Do I have to do something to encourage someone to take it?

Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Koji:
<STRONG>My fortress doesn't have cave spiders in it. I can only get cloth by trading ;-;

I caught a large roach and tamed it, but it just sits in its trap all day, and nobody adopts it. Do I have to do something to encourage someone to take it?</STRONG>

Have you tried processing pig tails at a Farmer's Workshop? It's very easy. Just grow a few starting summer, or gather them from plants inside your fortress, and enter the job at the workshop; it requires no other materials.

For your roach problem, make sure you hit [z] then [a] to go to the animal status screen. Make sure the roach is marked as available. If you already did this, then keep in mind that it's a roach. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody likes them.

000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Black Hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 01:12:00 am »

You should be able to cage elves and eat them. They're as much vermin as snakes, roaches, bats, or dragons.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »

*I* like roaches, they're cute!  :(
That poor defenseless creature...

And, to follow the old tradition of gods forbidding food, I hereby declare elf's to be holy animals and unclean to eat, go eat some humans instead.  :D
And there is noting wrong with the elf's other than them being annoying hypocrites.  :mad:

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 03:37:00 pm »

I might eventually look into making all sapient races able to be butchered and served as food  :p

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 04:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>*I* like roaches, they're cute!   :(
That poor defenseless creature...

And, to follow the old tradition of gods forbidding food, I hereby declare elf's to be holy animals and unclean to eat, go eat some humans instead.   :D
And there is noting wrong with the elf's other than them being annoying hypocrites.   :mad:</STRONG>

...What have you done with the real Armok?  Also, I demand a refund of my shares.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »

Elves'll be nice and hol'y once someone makes a big enough crossbow  :p

Then, we could call them 'swiss cheese' and proceed to eat them. Hmm, do elves make plant cheese? Their crafts ruin universes  :p

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 04:08:00 am »

Hmm, and there's no bad thought for eating trapped vermin like this?  That could possibly make a useful supplemental food source under some circumstances...  although I suppose it involves more work than it's worth.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]