Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Not clear on the concept  (Read 2742 times)

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not clear on the concept
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

The Uranium Colossus attacks Urist Mcdwarf with its Gamma Rays!
The attack is deflected!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

The flying Lead plate mail strikes the Uranium colossus in the upper body!
Atol McColossus, uranium colossus has been shot and killed.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by falsedan:
<STRONG>The Romans got lead poisoning from using lead pipes and boiling juice in lead cauldrons to get lead acetate (sugar of lead)

Skin contact with lead is nowhere near as dangerous as ingesting lead!</STRONG>

True, but platemail covers the majority of your skin, thats a lotta contact. I imagine there would be some skin transfer, considering a hardened military dwarf will go a lifetime with his armour on. (2-3 years at least :P) But you are right, the lead buckets, barrels, kitchens, and bins are what getcha.

GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

Look, if you're voluntarily wearing lead plate armor, I don't think you can blame the lead plate armor for your brain damage.

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slinkyfest:
<STRONG>

True, but platemail covers the majority of your skin, thats a lotta contact. I imagine there would be some skin transfer, considering a hardened military dwarf will go a lifetime with his armour on. (2-3 years at least :P) But you are right, the lead buckets, barrels, kitchens, and bins are what getcha.</STRONG>

Only if you're running a nudist fort.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »

Soo... Yeah it seems kinda wonky that he'd use LEAD for the armor and IRON for a decoration.

But it's a suit of armor to test the manhood of any young dwarf!  Have him trot out in that thing to hunt goblins, and he'll be Ultra-Mighty in no time!

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Romantic Warrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

quote:
True, but platemail covers the majority of your skin, thats a lotta contact.

There would be little to no skin contact. When it comes to armor, clothes and padding tend to go over every bit of skin that it will fit on.

Dwarf Fortress and the Abstract Truth.

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 03:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Romantic Warrior:
<STRONG>

There would be little to no skin contact. When it comes to armor, clothes and padding tend to go over every bit of skin that it will fit on.</STRONG>

Im thinking of the large amounts of clothing dwarves tear off of each other during sparring. Ive had more than 1 elite wrestler go nude under their armour.

GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 05:58:00 am »

I like how this guy was making a joke about the use of lead as the armor and iron as the decoration, and everyone goes off on separate tangents about radiation, likelihood of lead poisoning, and other assorted nonsense.
Shoes...

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 09:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>I like how this guy was making a joke about the use of lead as the armor and iron as the decoration, and everyone goes off on separate tangents about radiation, likelihood of lead poisoning, and other assorted nonsense.</STRONG>
If it had been zinc armor with adamantine decorations, this never would have happened.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

You just can't predict what people are going to focus on in a topic.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 09:07:00 pm »

But I guarantee you it wouldn't be radiation, in the hypothetical I posted.  This is a statement I stand by.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster
Pages: 1 [2]