Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heart & Slash - Robot Brawler Roguelike - Need some of that lovin'  (Read 842 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Couldn't see a thread already open for this, so decided to start one. I've just picked up the full version of the game on steam, after playing the kickstarter demo some years ago. Improvements are visible, and it's still really fun! The combo system is decent enough to allow for good combat, and the pacing is well done.

Thoughts, post 'em below.

Also, links:

Steam Page

Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heart & Slash - Robot Brawler Roguelike - Need some of that lovin'
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 02:11:16 pm »

It's very much worth it. I've been having a lot of fun with it already, after playing it for an hour last night. Story's pretty neat too, something like Mega-Man post-apocalypse.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heart & Slash - Robot Brawler Roguelike - Need some of that lovin'
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 02:10:21 am »

If I have any criticism to give, it's that there's a very steep difficulty curve from the 1st level to the 2nd. I've gotten to the second area a few times now, and it's much *much* harder than the first area.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay