Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stalking Goblins  (Read 1294 times)

I.M. Err0r

• Bay Watcher
  • Keas are just misunderstood.
    • View Profile
Stalking Goblins
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:26:09 pm »

I recently payed a visit to a night creature lair with my jaguar man adventurer ("The Jag").  I managed to slay the brooding horror that lived there with some help from my only companion, a human spearman, but he bled out soon after.  I normally recruit only one companion at a time to keep the bogeymen away, and I was now stranded in the wilderness with the sun about to set.  With little chance of surviving the night I did the only thing I could think to do: I ran to a nearby goblin settlement and recruited the first one I saw just keep the little buggers at bay.

Fast forward a day or two.  I still have the goblin with me and I spot something in the middle of a human hamlet.  I investigate, and am taken out of fast travel with the message "you feel uneasy".  I advance to find a few goblin soldiers.  When they see me, they walk up... and they just sand there.  One even tries to make conversation with me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They're not even bothering the local villagers, they're just following me around like we're best buddies.  One demands that I yield, but does nothing when I refuse.  When I try to fast travel it claims that I "don't feel safe enough to travel".  Is this a bug?  Do they think I'm on their side because I have a goblin companion?  I like to imagine them looking at my adventurer with wide eyes but he just sighs and says "Seriously, don't you have some hamlet to go terrorize?".

Then I saved, quit and reloaded and they attacked me like normal. Weirdos.
This is also my first post here, so yeah, hi.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Stalking Goblins
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 07:45:44 am »

They're bandits and if you refuse convo and keep getting told to yield they should try to beat you up til you do.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:13:28 am »

Yah, I tend to have an issue with these guys. Especially the ones that follow you around the map, make you feel uneasy, and then the moment you walk up to them they flee.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »

Then I saved, quit and reloaded and they attacked me like normal. Weirdos.
This is also my first post here, so yeah, hi.

Yeah, its a well known bug since morale was added. Basically its not working correctly ever. Its also pretty common that they just stand there and say "that is is horrible" or ask you if they are getting attacked.

Its safe to murder every single bandit though, its what they do to everyone else.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...