Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need to create a horrible evil monster and i need assistance  (Read 2468 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: I need to create a horrible evil monster and i need assistance
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 04:13:02 pm »

Okay, so I made a thing.  Warning: it is untested in fort mode and I'm not sure when I'll be able to find the time to test it properly, so test it if you want to.

The creature itself is an 'Avatar of Armok', a crazed, colossal humanoid made entirely of slade, except for its hair, beard, teeth, and nails, which are adamantine, and its blood, which is magma.  It has maxed out stats and extreme material force resistance... let's just say you're not killing this thing.  It isn't quite as eldritch as you wanted, I suppose, but I had it already made.  Creatures are easy to do anyway.

You summon it by brewing up a 'draught of the blood god' using a barrel of alcohol, a goblet, and five totems.  The dwarf who drinks it will blink for one month before transforming into the creature.  Seal them away before that happens, or you're dead.

The creature will turn everyone within range (effectively your entire fort) into blood thralls which will go berserk unless they remain under the influence of the blood god.  This influence will activate whenever the avatar enters combat, so you will have to feed it living sacrifices to kill.  Optimal time between sacrifices is 2-3 months, once a month to be safe.  The only requirement for these sacrifices is that they must have blood - animals will suffice, but zombies will not.

However, for every month there is a sacrifice, there is a small chance of the avatar unleashing some extra fun on your fort: turning a random creature into a vampire, undead thrall, or necromancer.  These effects should happen, on average, once a year assuming monthly sacrifices, and will each last half a year (unless you kill the victim, of course).

You can also play as the Avatar of Armok in adventure mode if you prefer to go that route or just want to murder everything in sight.

Most of the details can be modified, but the sacrifices are necessary to reliably use interactions on out-of-sight creatures.

Spoiler: creature_bloodgod.txt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: reaction_bloodgod.txt (click to show/hide)

In the entity raws:
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:DRINK_BLOODGOD]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 02:52:28 am »

I amn't sure how to put it in, but when it is i hope you don't mind if i re - name it...
But, it's amazing. And horrible.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 04:06:59 am »

Just copy each code into a text file with the given name and put them in the raws.  Also add the permitted reaction to the dwarf entity.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 04:42:01 am »

Just copy each code into a text file with the given name and put them in the raws.  Also add the permitted reaction to the dwarf entity.
K'.
The succession fortress shall begin soon... Apply for overseer now!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 [2]