Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spreading the Wereiguana love  (Read 1069 times)

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
Spreading the Wereiguana love
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:31:48 am »

Presently, there are two Wereiguanas in the fort. The Speariguana's wife recently received multiple injuries from a goblin attack. She can barely move, poor thing. I would like to infect her, though am experiencing difficulties having her bitten but not totally torn to shreds.

My latest wheeze is two stacked 2x2 rooms, separated by a retracting bridge. Werehubby goes in the top, wifey underneath. Wait til I think the transformation is nearly over before pulling the lever and reuniting them. Hopefully he would only have time to take a few chunks out of her then, before reverting to dorf form.

Pretty hit and miss though - does anyone have a better strategy?

I searched the board for answers but couldn't find anything specific. Apologies in advance if my search skills aren't up to much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading the Wereiguana love
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:52:42 am »

Yeah, I think it involves a second bridge underneath. A short fall should stun at least the dorf, which leaves them vulnerable to cage traps (the perfect armor.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 10:21:09 am »

Right, I tried that but only had a 1 z-level drop which obviously wasn't enough. So I'll try a 3 z-level drop. Also add a level above with a bridge. Lever drops her onto bridge with him and activates a timer that drops them both onto cage traps after a few ticks.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:55 am »

You don't need a timer if you've got a dwarf standing on a lever. Check the combat log every step for a proper bite, then pull.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:47:48 am »

Okay, that's the plan for the next full moon. Cheers. 

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 04:10:48 pm »

Anyone have a good way to scale it up? I have a Weremammoth and would love for the entire fort to join their captain in awesomeness.

Going 1 dwarf at a time seems very slow.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 05:18:50 pm »

The wiki suggests cage trap floor and hoping the werebeast stuns the dwarf. Since werebeasts don't sleep, maybe you could coat one in knockout syndrome and let that ensure dwarves will be cages? (Assuming the combat wouldn't result in dwarves dodging into them or across z-levels.)

Obtaining such a syndrome is a matter of luck, though - at least wiki lists no non-procedurally generates syndromes that do not also paralyse the target, so if you're not in luck with evil biome you will have to rely on fun visitors.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 04:08:19 am »

Anyone have a good way to scale it up? I have a Weremammoth and would love for the entire fort to join their captain in awesomeness.

Going 1 dwarf at a time seems very slow.
Simplest method would be building multiple setups, and arming them once you have multiple weres, giving a potentially exponential growth in conversions.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.