Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding good spots in Pregen .33f maps?  (Read 576 times)

Gavinfoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding good spots in Pregen .33f maps?
« on: December 17, 2007, 06:00:00 pm »

Hi, where can I find some good pregenerated .33f maps? The only one I could find was Tar Thran here:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/worlds.html

Where is the best spot for a very very very new to the current version of DF on that map, and also, where are some other saved .33f maps and good spots on them? Thanks!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Finding good spots in Pregen .33f maps?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gavinfoxx:
<STRONG>good pregenerated maps</STRONG>

Toady needs to think about adding some of the better newbie worlds that have been generated that are pretty easy to survive in.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Gavinfoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 06:09:00 pm »

Yea... worlds with places that are good on, you know, slow computers... which is why one would use a pregen map rather than a seed...

Also, some help with people actually building simple, efficient, low-dwarf-count fortresses in these places so newbies can get used to copying them to figure out how to do things...

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Gavinfoxx ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 07:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gavinfoxx:
<STRONG>
Also, some help with people actually building simple, efficient, low-dwarf-count fortresses in these places so newbies can get used to copying them to figure out how to do things...

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Gavinfoxx ]</STRONG>

Hell I could do that.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Gavinfoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:24:00 pm »

Well... go find or put a good .33f map up somewhere and get to it!