Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Helping out the Mountain Home  (Read 823 times)

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Helping out the Mountain Home
« on: May 11, 2016, 01:11:44 pm »

Does anyone know if trading or even giving choice supplies of steel or candy armor/weapons back to your traders going back to the mountain home improves their ability to fight wars against goblins and such? Do the characters of the other civilizations manage to make use of such weapons when they are traded to their merchants?
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

josephdevon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Helping out the Mountain Home
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:38:26 pm »

I've often wondered this and hope that if it isn't in now, that it becomes a part of the world at some point. I love the idea of my industrious outpost contributing to the eradication of elves throughout the world.

But at the moment I have no idea.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 02:27:54 pm »

Holy geez I would love this if it was an actual feature.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 03:32:14 pm »

Not yet. I ran into this question myself regarding taming animals. The idea is that if you come across a new species and tame thousands upon thousands of them to reach Domesticated status, you could embark with them in future embarks. But you can never actually get there, because the game currently does not allow you to affect the resources the home civ has access to.

Two points. 1.) When we get an Economy arc, we'll see this change. So just hang in there and enjoy the game for its other points. 2.) Anything you make is available to Adventurers who visit your site. As is every soldier you train. So get cranking out those masterworks and legendary soldiers. If you've got the rep and resources as an adventurer, you can still use what you make to help your civ personally.