Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Civ IV - Let's Try the British Empire: The Industrial Revolution  (Read 16867 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civ IV - Let's Try the British Empire: The Industrial Revolution
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2016, 09:28:16 am »

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2016, 09:51:34 am »

We've got one continent \o/

Do we stand a chance against the West, though?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2016, 11:06:27 am »

Well, the West is disunited. Divide and conquer!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2016, 11:44:11 am »

Ah, but there's a problem.  Right now we have 51% of the world's population and 42% of its land.  Conquering just one American state might tip us over the edge into an early Domination victory without managing to unite the world under the shimmering light of Victory (as interpreted by Confucius).  So here's the question; do we take out one American state at a time, risking early game end, or do we engage them all simultaneously in a single, massive war for world domination?

Also, it slipped under the radar but right now the Western "Powers" are Sitting Bull and Roosevelt.  Sitting Bull is the biggest and has already vassalised Russia, but Roosevelt has the Scientific Method and has joined us in the Industrial Age.  In any case, it'll be a bit before we can make war, we have Courthouses to mass-produce if we want to avoid the problems we faced when we ate Carthage.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2016, 11:49:53 am »

Ah, but there's a problem.  Right now we have 51% of the world's population and 42% of its land.  Conquering just one American state might tip us over the edge into an early Domination victory without managing to unite the world under the shimmering light of Victory (as interpreted by Confucius).  So here's the question; do we take out one American state at a time, risking early game end, or do we engage them all simultaneously in a single, massive war for world domination?

Also, it slipped under the radar but right now the Western "Powers" are Sitting Bull and Roosevelt.  Sitting Bull is the biggest and has already vassalised Russia, but Roosevelt has the Scientific Method and has joined us in the Industrial Age.  In any case, it'll be a bit before we can make war, we have Courthouses to mass-produce if we want to avoid the problems we faced when we ate Carthage.

Attempt to make a defensive pact with one of them, then either wait for, or attempt to incite, World War I.  Preferably get the one farther from military tradition, so the other could create a complex network of pacts of their own.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »

I'm looking forward to a New World War to say the least.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:58 pm »

Attempt to make a defensive pact with one of them, then either wait for, or attempt to incite, World War I.  Preferably get the one farther from military tradition, so the other could create a complex network of pacts of their own.

Agreed, the more peoples we can peacefully convert and subjugate the better as far as I'm concerned.

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 04:24:26 am »

Does that include our vassal states?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 05:29:05 am »

I think so?  I think they count for half, but it's still going to push us over the edge.  I suppose we could release our newly conquered lands as a colony, see if that helps?

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2016, 06:35:07 pm »

PTW

Is there anyway to disable a Domination victory  while still in game? Or just continuing on after the victory? I know that in V you can keep playing after you win, but I'm more than a bit unfamiliar with IV.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2016, 11:50:51 pm »

Hope the dwarves don't come out of their hidden mountainhomes in revenge for stealing their steam engine.

War vs. All seems best.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]