Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is odd.  (Read 1151 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This is odd.
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:18:00 am »

Long story short: In three or so years I have gotten 7 fey moods.

I have 7 legendary craftsdwarves or carpenters! Is this usual? The last game I have played I only got around 2 or 3, if that.

Every month I get a fey mood, it's awesome.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: This is odd.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:31:00 am »

So were they all your 7 starting dwarves?

That would be pure awesome.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>So were they all your 7 starting dwarves?

That would be pure awesome.</STRONG>

God I wish. It's always some Nobody Milker who goes and makes some bone bracelet or something.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 12:52:00 am »

what influences moods?  EVERY single mood I get always results in a useless legendary wood crafter.  Awesome!  I can now make wood crafts that can sell at upwards of 120!  Utterly useless...

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 01:26:00 am »

I'm not sure, really.

I started with 50 dwarves, so that probably is what make sit possible, more chances of it to happen. I just realized that.
But actually, they all get wood crafting, bone crafting, or carpentry. WHich is good, because I make everything out of wood (mostly out of spite for the elves).

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:47:00 am »

My current fortress is the first time I've gotten a legendary metalcrafter out of the whole pack of bone carvers, woodcrafters, and stonecrafters.  Hello, masterwork goblets!
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.