Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Man O' War Corsair - Sailing adventure in Warhammer Fantasy.  (Read 3925 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Man O' War Corsair - Sailing adventure in Warhammer Fantasy.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »

Considering how you can walk around your ship to a certain degree... similar to a pretty old game i kinda liked that had a special (campaign only) ship among it's units.

Screenshot is taken from it's top and you can see a bit of the prow... sadly i couldn't find a full screenshot of the ship.

Point being if they could make ships as big as that back in 2006 there's little reason why making giant "boss" ships like that in 2016. Maybe even usable by the player!
I'd put them behind some sort of fame wall tho. because you'd need hundreds of crewmen to crew it and even more to successfully capture one and haul it back to port.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 10:42:46 pm »

Ayyyyy Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War. Me and my friends played that a lot on multiplayer.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

j3b4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 12:32:17 pm »

It is, quite explicitly, based on Man O'War

Wow!  This is pretty exciting.  Man O' War was the only Warhammer,  actually only GW game I ever played. I loved it so much I almost got into miniature gaming... and then it stopped abruptly. 

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 02:17:23 pm »

The great bombard ship and the orc grappleship sound like Spelljammer. Not sure whether WHFRP got the idea from SJ or the other way around. Makes me just want a Spelljammer game.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 [2]