Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Perfect civilization gen  (Read 1318 times)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Perfect civilization gen
« on: April 15, 2016, 03:06:26 pm »

hey im playing with masterwork and with the old 34 version, but what i ask should still be a bit relevant. what ive been doing is regenning world after world for a gnome civilization with drakes, rope reeds, and strawberries. this should still apply too vanilla dwarf fortress, in some ways, but is there a way too have certain animals or pets or resources gauranteed available at the embark screen? in version 34?

edit: i just had a lucky world gen with all i wanted, but ill still keep this question here if i ever decide too switch too another MWDF race, with different needs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:25:09 pm by 123nick »

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect civilization gen
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:31:22 am »

Might want to ask in the worldgen cookbook thread or masterwork forum.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »

Also if you got a rare gen of some kind make sure to post it in said worldgen thread.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »

If you really want a civilization to have a certain plant or animal, try changing the specific plant's or animal's biome settings so that they appear everywhere.

Changing [BIOME:whatever] to [BIOME:ANY_LAND] should work. Note that this will probably give the same plant/animal to all other civz, also the plant will appear in places it wouldn't usually be (namely anywhere).

This should work under my assumption that the civilization simply can't access those animals. I don't play Masterwork so I'm not sure if that changes anything.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 06:19:14 pm »

I think the way to guarantee an animal is available as a common domestic animal in civillizations is to the COMMON and DOMESTIC flags.  That's how everyone gets chickens even though chickens are native to the jungle, etc.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.