Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: elf/human siege questions  (Read 795 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
elf/human siege questions
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:32:00 am »

First, do you actually need the elf diplomat to show up and tell you not to cut trees to get 'sieged' by the elves, or will they eventually attack me if I keep drowning the caravans? Also, do they show up in ambush like the kobolds, or do they just march in like goblins?

Second, for the humans, does the human noble actually have to literally see the traps to let the humans ignore them, or do they just automatically see all the traps like the dwarf caravan sees everything for determining immigrants/nobles?

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: elf/human siege questions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:28:00 am »

Elves ambush like kobolds, and are a real pain. Lots of skilled archers = lots of dead dwarves if you leave the mountain. They won't try to invade, just sit outside pincushioning your dwarves, so your traps are worthless.

Don't know about the other issue.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:50:00 am »

with the humans one, apparently it's how many the guy spied out, might be safe to assume he took a screenie of the last time he was there, so new traps after he left are safe.  I dunno  :(
the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:57:00 am »

I think Toady said it if a friendly merchant or diplomat WALKS OVER a trap, then their civ gets to ignore that trap during a seige.