Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tiberium War 2047  (Read 1511 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
The Tiberium War 2047
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »

The year is 2047, the final steps towards a unified GDI are being taken, the European Union, the Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, The Pacific Union, the American Federation and various remaining minor states are ironing out the last kinks in a unified world government in the face of Tiberium and the NOD-Threat. A notable exemption is what remains of the Soviet Union as one of the few remaining Major World Players.

You Gentlemen are the Heads of the GDI Council and the defacto rulers of the Provisional World Government.
Your stated Goal is the protection and expansion of the Blue Zones, the halting and eventual reduction of the Tiberium Spread and restoration of a habitable Earth.

A Special Case is the privately financed ZOCOM or Zone Operations Command. While officially part of the GDI they effectively operate autonomously under the Zone Commander to actively reclaim Red Zones and attempt to contain the Tiberium Spread.

Hello and welcome this is going to be a mixed Suggestion Game centering around the Tiberium Wars. Most of you will play the GDI Council, and vote and suggest actions for the GDI Military and Economy in order to prevent the extinction of humanity.

Two of you however will play something different. One player will be known as the Zone Commander  who will take control of ZOCOM and act with or without your consent to prevent a disastrous spread of Red Zones.

Another player will be secretly chosen after having submitted an app via PM, he will be the Disciple of Kane, and still part of the GDI Council. The Disciple of Kane will have a physical manifestation in the game world and can be killed (doesn't mean however that with his death NOD will cease to function).

The same goes for the Council who will have one centralized position on the map where the entire council resides. It can be destroyed and the council can be killed throwing the GDI into turmoil for a while. Similiarly the Zone Commander can be killed, however he will be simply replaced by someone else. (in fact the Zone Commander is also a frontline personage and so has the highest chance at any given point to die in the pursuit of his duty).

Finally the GDI Council Sign-Up. In case the Council gets killed, one of you will be randomly chosen to lead the GDI in absence of a real council. Trust me you don't want that to happen...btw you don't need to sign up for a Council Position you can simply suggest without it. If you do however, you will be considered for Temporary GDI Command.

Spoiler:  GDI Council Sign-Up (click to show/hide)

I am aware that hte map is not 100% accurate and several things may seem odd (Empire of the Rising Sun, Soviet Union), but it was pretty hard in finding a reliable political map of the Tiberium World and the Spread of Tiberium, due to that i had to improvise at various points.
anyway lets get this started.

a Full Situation report of the GDI will follow once the Zone Commmander and the Disciple have been chosen.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:33:08 pm by Ghazkull »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tiberium War 2047
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:59:46 pm »

PTW
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:40:45 pm »

Spoiler: Zone Commander Sheet (click to show/hide)

Dunno how the soviet union is still around, given that in the tiberian universe it got smashed in the '40s by the allies (Which ended up leading to GDI being founded).

ZOCOM is also a GDI branch effectively assigned to areas like the red zones, and funded by the GDI. That being said given their parameters and GDI's goal of eradicating tiberium being one of their main priorities, ZOCOM being given free reign to operate without much political oversight makes sense.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:52:00 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:43:26 pm »

As a loyal American, I say we retake the good ol' US of A as a priority due to the massive ass Red Zone in the middle of continent. Not to mention with the small island isolated yellow zones of the coast we'll have a good amount of test sites for repelling and permanently removing it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:48:56 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 01:15:21 am »

May I be a Scrin Foreman (preferably from the Traveler-59 subfaction) after the Scrin invasion starts?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 08:12:35 am »

PTW

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 09:10:07 am »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 01:16:49 pm »

May I be a Scrin Foreman (preferably from the Traveler-59 subfaction) after the Scrin invasion starts?

If the game takes off and stays allive in the way i hope it will (and if scrin become a thing), then yes although i have absolutely no rules or mechanics for them. But for now that a very big if. However you can join as councillor for now and switch to scrin later...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 06:23:48 pm »

PTW

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 12:35:13 pm »

apoloies for delays am midway between moving back from norway to germany...so give me a wee bit more days then i will update.