Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My war rhinoerosaurus are drinking out of empty mugs  (Read 548 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
My war rhinoerosaurus are drinking out of empty mugs
« on: April 17, 2016, 03:23:43 pm »

... and its not fulfilling them - they are just holding them and nothing is happening. Already some of them are dehydrated!
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Re: My war rhinoerosaurus are drinking out of empty mugs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 04:58:35 pm »

I forbid the mugs - they are now are all asleep next to each other - what the urist
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 05:55:38 pm »

Since it sounds like some modded stuff you're probably better of asking in the appropriate modding forum, or at least specify what mods you're using.
If you've modded in some weird critter to become citizens but they lack the ability to grasp they'd likely grab mugs without being able to use them (injured dwarves can suffer from that kind of issue). The weirdo critters might be unconscious due to intoxication.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 09:26:51 am »

Did you mod them to be intelligent?  If so, that will do it.  I did something similar once and was very surprised to see goats standing around getting thirsty but being unable to drink anything.

If something is intelligent and there are mugs available, then the intelligent things must have graspers of some kind.  Otherwise they'll stand around and thirst to death because they can't pick the mugs up.  Forbidding all of the mugs makes them default to drinking out of the barrels directly like in previous versions, which causes a bad thought now I believe.  I guess it's a bug that creatures can't figure out how to drink directly from barrels if they're unable to pick up mugs.
Through pain, I find wisdom.