Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why are my dwarves dropping clothes everywhere randomly?  (Read 7025 times)

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why are my dwarves dropping clothes everywhere randomly?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 04:09:56 pm »

The best long term solution is to put every dwarf (except miners and woodcutters) in marksdwarf squads and give them armor to satisfy their modesty needs (a mail shirt may be enough to satisfy them, I can't remember, but you may as well give them a bit more protection too). In some fortresses I've done this hardcore style and had special stripping chambers where I forced the dwarves to change into their armor and then atmosmashed all their discarded clothes making a clothes-free fortress.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 04:46:45 pm »

If you assign a dwarf a bedroom with a cabinet in it they will gather up their dropped clothing and store it in the cabinet. Helps keep things tidy and bedrooms equal happy dwarves so I make sure every citizen has one.

I"ve placed cabinets in the rooms but never seen them organize any type of item into it. Are you really sure?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »

They usually place their stuff in cabinets when a cabinet is built in their rooms (beware of rooms overlapping cabinets, though), but some dorfs are tidy, and some prefer to live in a mess.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 07:02:57 pm »

It seems dwarves tend to drop stuff when they finish a job.
There are always tattered clothes near construction sites, levers, workshops and farm plots.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 03:01:51 am »

It seems dwarves tend to drop stuff when they finish a job.
There are always tattered clothes near construction sites, levers, workshops and farm plots.
*near* the farm plots? More likely on the plots...
I think this is because after the current job is finished the dorf realizes: "Gosh 'mok, there be new socks somewhere!", and a job is generated to replace the current worn out or lower quality item. The clothes are stripped off first and then the poor sockless dwarf traipses around the cold stone floors to get the new socks from the clothier 100 levels down. Poor wee thing!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 10:39:11 am »

It's particularly pitiable if there's FB goo in the way.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 [2]